I would buy the new expansion today if

you werent here for the chaos myself and a few others caused in here over flight before release? lol
Something posted on wowhead made it seem like flight might not be coming at all. The wording was quickly changed and Im pretty sure blizzards interaction pretty much said flight IS coming…eventually.

If they engage and say no, is that good enough for you?

IF they were true to their word…who knows…yeah, there have been a decent number of players in here saying they were walking til normal flight is out.
dont know how that figures in with the base at large, but Ion certainly shouldnt push the dead horse flight thing any longer than necessary at this point.
He’s kinda ruined part of this game with the obstinance, to be honest.

Pride and hubris.

I love dragonriding. Best part of the new expansion actually.

Mining and Herbing are way more interactive with dragonriding. No more problems running out of juice while gathering after Blizzard buffed it a week ago. Now mining or herbing effectively gives 1 vigor.

This is the most fun and relaxing mining/herbing has ever been in my opinion.

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy the new expansion until they improve the overall performance of the DF Client. Keep an eye on the tech support forums until this has a resolution:

This is the first expansion that flying hasn’t been restricted since MoP. That alone makes this expansion good. Then you factor in NOT having endless grinds and mandatory power grinds and that makes this expansion GREAT.

Not sure what you’re waiting on OP but you do you.

2 Likes

A fool’s errand.

You should approach it from the perspective of dragon riding being the norm going forward.

That is to say (and I’d hate to put it like this but) if you don’t like it, get used to it.

If that changes, great. But don’t hype yourself over some expectations that might not even pan out the way you want.

Honestly unless they put riding speed up to 500% to be faster than dragonriding, I won’t be using it unless it’s faster.

As it is right now with max regular flight, reg feels slower than a snail race on a sheet of glass.

There isn’t any reason, however, they can throw together a grind without much work and then have the faithful defend it as “content” pretty quick.

You’d see a rapid turn around from the “just delete air swimming” crowd to “they’re giving you solo content why are you complaining?”

2 Likes

No doubt this is what developers said about people with disabilities and other physical limitations when they designed it. Those people could just choose to get over those issues so they can git gud like obedient little automatons.

The only other one I can think of is MoP. You could buy flying for 5k when you hit max level.

They made the whole of the continent accessible by the ground. I would imagine that’s solely for people with disabilities and those that don’t like dragonriding.

TBC didn’t have a PF grind from what I recall.

It sort of did…at least for someone like myself that was new to the game. Flying was costly. Took me a month or two to save for it by doing dailies.

And then there was a very lengthy 25 part quest chain for my flying form.

All that said, it was a feature of BC and I believe present at launch for those that could afford it at max level. All the PF and gated nonsense didn’t start until WoD, when Blizz tried to remove it entirely and caved to player demand.

lol…Touché

Same here. I haven’t missed it a bit. Don’t listen to all the church of blizzard worshippers.

Huh? They have implimented and continue to impliment accessibility updates to address motion sickness.

What I’m saying is, specifically, that people shouldn’t be expecting “classic flying” as it stands and then get disappointed later if it doesn’t.

Because then you’re just setting yourself up for failure.

I wasn’t even talking about disabilities.

Uuuurgh. I think they nailed it with current flying. I even think it should be globalized. It should have been like that since day1

1 Like

Personally, I’d like them to confirm when they’ll be bringing dragonriding to the rest of the world. It’s so ZIPPY, I love the efficiency. And I hardcore thought that I was going to hate it.

Now I go back to Stormwind and it’s like,

1 Like

Dont buy it, im sure your one purchase it not gonna make a whole difference