I would buy the new expansion today if

Blizzard would start being more active on these forums and announce when regular flying is coming and whether it is tied to a pathfinder system or not. Until I see something happen to let the community know they have seen some of the complaints with this new expansion and engage us in what is coming. I am not buying it until I hear something. If they tie it to0 a Pathfinder in any way at all I am done buying WoW expansions. I will play what we have until I grow tired of it and quit, but I am not going to buy something that could ruin my fun. We need to see you engaging with us Blizzard. If you have changed your sure not acting like you have:P

5 Likes

Considering they have yet to definitively say regular flying is coming to DF, I don’t foresee any “blue posts” about when such a move would happen.
As such, enjoy your time away from WoW and try some other games.

2 Likes

thanks for logging on to the forums to share this

7 Likes

I’m curious, am I wrong about this? If I remember correctly the only expansions where flying was there from the start were Litch King and Cataclysm. Were there others?

If not, why are so many people talking as if regular flying from the beginning of the expansion was a given?

3 Likes

They did say it’s coming to DF, just not when.

1 Like

wow that’ll show em!

good lord this is silly :wink:

1 Like

Did they? Like definitely, not “we’d like to” or some variation of “most likely” – because those are the types of things players grapple onto and then treat like gospel, when in fact devs had only hinted that it’s a possibility.

If they did state as much, then I take back what I originally said. But I don’t remember seeing anything specific.

Yes and they were great! Lots of fun without having to do content Ion thinks you should do to fly and enjoy the game.

1 Like

So were you against all the other expansions because you couldn’t fly from the start?
Those were the only two you liked?

Its not a threat I know one sub will do nothing, but I am not the only one and judging by numbers coming out from raid guilds vs. Shadowlands and BFA at the same time raids opened this expansion has sold extremely poorly compared to the last expansions. They spooked a lot of players. I think this new expansion is probably good. I just hate the dragon flying and yes I have tried it in a beta build and the trial. I don’t like it and want to play the game with the mounts I have earned through the years. I know I am not the only one.

But you’ll happily keep subscribing. Well played.

1 Like

I suppose with his wording they could weasel out of it but the first quote i could find says it was still planned eventually

2 Likes

At this point, Ion could weasel out of just about anything, I’ll bet. I’d like to believe it will happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it didn’t.

Dragon Riding is fun, but sure do miss my druid flight form.

As someone that was skeptical of it at first, I can say that it is way better than NOT having any flight for the first few months of a new expansion.

Excited for the time that they do bring either Druid Dragon Form or regular Flight to Dragonflight.

2 Likes

Not likely going to happen. Like with DR, there is likely to be some quests you have to do or something, but given you can DR the first day, I doubt theres any reason for Ion to pull an Ion this time around.
We’ll have been flying for months by the time flight is released. No reason to annoy players with PF in this one.

1 Like

Of course there is. They need to teach those people who are hiding behind disabilities a lesson in humility.

1 Like

you werent here for the chaos myself and a few others caused in here over flight before release? lol
Something posted on wowhead made it seem like flight might not be coming at all. The wording was quickly changed and Im pretty sure blizzards interaction pretty much said flight IS coming…eventually.

If they engage and say no, is that good enough for you?

IF they were true to their word…who knows…yeah, there have been a decent number of players in here saying they were walking til normal flight is out.
dont know how that figures in with the base at large, but Ion certainly shouldnt push the dead horse flight thing any longer than necessary at this point.
He’s kinda ruined part of this game with the obstinance, to be honest.

Pride and hubris.