I won't pay to carry my character on from classic

There’s a sign on the wall, but she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.

Person #1: They took all the money in the till and a case of vodka; the Insurance won’t cover it all and my rates are going to go up …

Person #2: You should be happy they didn’t shoot you.

Hint: Person #2 isn’t actually defending the robbers; they’re simply trying to find some bright side to a bad situation.

I’m as guilty as anyone of the sin of gratuitous pedantic rhetoric, but just don’t use it to push assumptions of meanings on others just to score debate points, it can make you look petty.

2 Likes

Except this isn’t blizzard trying to rob you or anyone else. This is blizzard charging money for a service and “It could cost more” is not the same thing as “You should just be happy it doesn’t cost more.”

The 1st one is trying to find the bright side.
The second one comes off as “How dare you disagree with the price of this. They are being so generous with this offer here.”

Technically I believe the “vanilla” clone is created on a new server (with the same server name) created for those who decided to stay in vanilla or create a vanilla clone, the currently existing vanilla server being upgraded to TBC level with those who decided to go with the upgrade, and those who decided to stay vanilla without cloning deleted (actually simply deactivated with the option to reactivate them for the cloning price).

Nobody seems to be addressing the fact that Blizzard is creating and supporting new servers equal to the number of current vanilla servers to do this.

Bearing in mind that with the technically illegal third-party servers that were (are?) popular and that were the impetus for the Blizzard to make “Vanilla” servers the vanilla (pre-Burning Crusade) versions were, I believe, the most popular.

1 Like

Thank you! I just stopped responding cause…well you know. You can’t win with these people.

Actually, I neither quoted, nor misquoted Wikipedia, I just ignored it (but thanks for saying I did so brilliantly), and I even went so far as to point out that I was referring to what people “Usually” mean when they are talking about gouging, pretty much making it clear that I wasn’t talking about the Wikipedia definition (for what it’s worth, Wikipedia doesn’t have an entry for “unforch”.

But… if you truly want a quote about the definition of gouging, here is the one from Websters (you know… the dictionary people (incidentally, Websters doesn’t have a definition for “unforch”, either))

So… you think that Blizzard is gouging because you feel that they are overcharging. However, a lot of people (including most of the people in this thread, from what I’ve read) disagree with you.

But… I’m not gonna bother to tell you that you shouldn’t feel that this is gouging, because as long as you think they are overcharging you’re probably going to feel how you feel, but… you shouldn’t expect that everyone else is going to think that this is gouging because there are quite a few of us who don’t feel Blizzard is overcharging.

Tuckbudford
1- Price gouging happens all the time we litterally sit in in pricing disgussions and factor in how we can gouge the customer for as much profit as they will willfully give up.

2- Thank you for agreeing with my macro economic explanations about pent up demand and price gouging even though you have done so unwittingly. Demand in the hands of consumers allows blizzard to justify a high cost. If you don’t believe me then explain this why not 15 dollars why not 10 dollars why not 5 dollars. We know its free on their part.

So… you feel any time a company tries to increase profits that they are gouging? Even if it is a for-profit business? But… but… but… in your first paragraph that I quoted you said “what matters is variable + Fixed cost + profit”. So… you admit that they are allowed to make a profit, but apparently you think in this situation they are making too much profit. Who determines how much profit they are allowed to consider in your equation “variable + Fixed cost + profit”?

Also, as a side note, character transfers aren’t entirely free for Blizzard. There are hardware maintenance costs, electricity costs, payroll for support people for when a transfer doesn’t go as planned, etc.

Finally… seeing as I don’t work for Blizzard, it isn’t my job to to explain why Blizzard isn’t charging $15, $10, or $5, just like it isn’t my job to explain why they aren’t charging $40, $50, or more. However, I’m guessing that they set a price that they felt equaled “variable + Fixed cost + profit”, and was fair and that a lot of players would agree was fair. And, guess what, a lot of players do feel it’s fair. You’re not one of these people and I get it. Maybe you should make a game and then you can decide what to charge for various features, add-on’s, bonuses, and services, as well as how much profit to derive from each?

Anyway… have a nice night,

-uhrsa-

This was like 10 zillion characters full of snark. I’d give you a like but I think I’m out.

Depends on the value of the service being offered. In this case, I definitely think it’s a conscious gouge to the players.

This is a tactical developer made decision to extort players who are passionate about the character they built on a classic server…

Do you really think the $35 PER CHARACTER is justified?

What are you talking about? Playing your classic character in TBC is FREE.

If I have ONE level 60, fully geared and iLevel “raid plus”, then paying $35 to get a SECOND fully geared 60 characters is justified. Sure.

Continuing to play ONE character, but moving to TBC, should be free. Luckily, that IS free.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.