I wonder what goes through our trainee's minds

When they follow us around for a Calling.

They expect to learn to be battle hardened soldiers while I’m racing in wheelbarrows, floating around with a parasol and having tea with Theotar.

“Man, what sort of whack training is this? Here I am with the CHAMPYON of Azeroth, the Maw Walker . . . and we’re playing Mary Poppins? Is this the real life? Is this really the guy Renathel expects to be the savior of . . . oh for the love of the Prince, wheelbarrows?”

8 Likes

I like to imagine they’re furiously taking notes on my pet battling technique.

3 Likes

aaahhhh, so that is how you cook that recipe.

1 Like

If I have a trainee when I walk up to Theotar on that balcony, why the heck am I taking that jump? Let the rookie go, while I chat up the mad man.

1 Like

“Now , observe as we wade into this harrowing battle of Dwarf against Lush Widowbloom”

snip…clip ,clip

2 Likes

Anyone who has served in the military will tell you there is plenty of non combat work. And the dredger/steward world quests have us literally mopping/sweeping floors. Sounds like accurate recruit training.

3 Likes

I glance over and watch her pick lint out of her navel as I fish for 10 I don’t even get to keep.

Borderline Necro, I know. But in my defense, I have a trainee at my side once more, so I thought this needs another look.

Dear diary, tomorrow a champion, mawalker if you will, will take me on an adventure of a lifetime.

Dear diary day +1, My champion has shown me the art of putting gormlings in a sack. I expected something more grand. Yet there is tomorrow.

Dear diary day +2, My champion was given a recorder to get gormlings out of the ground…to put in a sack. Oh, we also ‘defeated’ a pet battle with level 1 pets.

2 Likes

I wonder what happens when the steward trainee from bastion watches us do the steward WQ.

“And now the champion is…doing chores I already know how to do, with the help of my friends.”

3 Likes

You make an interesting point. They probably just want to go to their little retreat and lift weights, or whatever it is they do when they go on holiday.

The only honest trainee you get are the dredgers from revendreth, as they ask, ‘Why do I got to be here on my day off.’ Fair enough question little buddy, fair enough. I don’t make the schedule though.

1 Like

Ironically Ardenweald also has a quest where you accompany a trainee on their first night on The Hunt…as well as has several regular troops being trained in The heart of the Forest…

Meanwhile: “Doing chores in Bastion with my little trainee buddy…”

Dear diary: “When I’m not training new troops in Ardenweald sweeping is nice, also tea time with Theotar is always amusing I must say.”

2 Likes