I wish to remove the Increase Backpack Size icons on the backpack

I dont want 2 factor auth. Ive subbed for years without an issue. This is really activating my OCD.

I doubt Blizz are going to remove it, is there an addon someone would recommend to me?

3 Likes

If there was an addon capable of removing an authenticator, it would kind of defeat the purpose of them existing.

The good news however, is if you log into your account, you can go to the security options section and remove it yourself. If, for whatever reason, you cannot access your account to do this, you will need to open a ticket to get assistance.

Zipster, I believe what the OP is referring to is the fact that now in 9.0 if you don’t have an authenticator, you still see the 4 extra bag slots in your UI, they are just locked. So, they want to be able to remove those locked bag slots from their bag UI. I assume most bag addons can do that. I haven’t checked though.

On the issue of authenticators, Blizzard isn’t strongly encouraging it just to annoy you. A great deal of the botting and exploitation of the game that occurs happens with compromised accounts. Compromised accounts degrade everyone’s play experience, not just the person who got hacked (and costs Blizzard money.) So, yeah, I can see why they really want to encourage people to take a very easy step to avoid account compromise.

1 Like

After re-reading the OP, yes I believe you’re right. That’s what I get for posting first thing in the morning I suppose. :slight_smile:

Edit: Finally got a chance to get my addons updated and log in this morning, and bagnon does remove the locked icons. It also does combine all your bags into one large pack however, so if you’re into that, perfect! If you don’t want something like that then bagnon won’t be the answer you’re looking for.

I was hoping someone had a solution to this question (locked bag slots). Nothing Blizzard does is easy.

And if they had not stopped selling the little security gadgets, I wouldn’t worry about it, but I have had mine for probably 9-10 years, and I’m sure before to long it will die.

Is there anything else that produces the same type codes we can use with WoW?

Thanks.

As far as that part is concerned, the new authenticator is a phone app. You can go into your security settings of your account and remove the old authenticator, and then update it with the new one from your phone when you download it.

There are android emulators that can run on your pc that are able to run the phone app.

There’s is also a blizz phone app for Android and iPhone that performs the same function. You just remove your physical authenticator and apply the digital one.

Thanks for the info, will use that.