I wish the devs would stop looking at data in a vacuum!

This is a prime example of the devs clearly misinterpreting data because they very obviously don’t playtest specs themselves. It’s RoP all over again but in reverse, players hated it but picked it because there was no real alternative. This is the opposite, the ONLY reason Chrono Shift never gets picked is because it directly competes with throughput talents. It is otherwise an outstanding talent and should not be removed! They can make it baseline or tie to one of the other 50,000 ABarr talents that they created for no good reason by breaking up the previously baseline functionality of the spell.

It’s unfathomable how all of these decisions get made seemingly in a compete vacuum and without any consideration besides what the AI generated algorithm tells them. Where is the human touch in all of this? It’s so frustrating to see these things unfold knowing that main cause is an apathetic and uncaring developer.

3 Likes

Fun fact, said talent is meta in current PVP solo shuffle. It’s insane they’d prune it.

And I Completely agree. This seems to be the MO of the mage dev for a while and it just feels gross. It’s also frustrating that they seem to ignore any data outside the game that contradicts their narratives (reddit threads votes, etc). While those aren’t 100% accurate, they give a snapshot that can at least hint that more investigation and/or dialogue is needed. A numbers-driven design is completely soulless. People enjoy things like Voidweaver because they have soul added that doesn’t come from numbers.

2 Likes

I don’t PvP but I am not surprised at all. It really doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that the talent has a lot of potential. Apparently the only ones who can’t see it are the devs.

Indeed it is. If they’re not going to playtest their own game then they should at the very least engage with those who do in good faith and have discussions about controversial design decisions. This applies across the board but is doubly important for specs like Arcane which are frankly a mess. The Beta Arcane tree is currently unrecognizable from the live version and they keep fiddling with it and making the most odd choices (so odd in fact, one can’t help but conclude that the people making these choices have never played the spec) precisely because there is zero discussion.

1 Like

A numbers-driven design is completely soulless. People enjoy things like Voidweaver because they have soul added that doesn’t come from numbers.

It is appropriate that the class whose major representative faction in the game is a bunch of out of touch nerds is being designed by an out of touch nerd.

1 Like

It’s not though. It’s being designed by an out of touch computer, a poorly programmed one at that and to top it all off it’s being fed data by a flawed algorithm.

Also I wouldn’t call all mage players nerds. Some of the biggest mage streamers are gym bros. Have you seen Xaryu’s abs? :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL Aegis is also hot AF

1 Like