I will never forgive y’all for ruining Anduin

I don’t think it’ll even be redemption really - Anduin doesn’t have any free will. :frowning: He’s being MC’d.

deep breaths, young nerd. it’ll be alright.

At the moment. Tragedy’s often start with something like MC, but then a later bad decision starts the protagonist walking the dark path of their own volition.

I would love if the ramifications of his actions carried over to another expansion with either the other Alliance leaders somewhat weary of him or the Stormwind nobles flat out preferring Turalyon to keep the throne instead of giving it back to Anduin.

But that’s to much drama. And can’t have drama like that in game. Better but it in a book instead.

on behalf of mens we still think Anduin is soft

You don’t speak on behalf of mens you belf wife

3 Likes

dont put my rogue in this hunf hahaha

99.9% certain he will be freed from his Kingsmourne by the end of SL.
Likely he will call upon the Light and transform a la Sailor Moon and magical guys and gals everywhere.

1 Like

Wait someone took Anduin’s –

Oh, that’s what this thread is about :smirk:

1 Like

Anduin needed character growth as most people couldn’t tolerate that character. It’s from the masses, I also seen articles about it. You think after losing his father this might’ve happened… instead he remained the same and Greymane was his crutch.

I personally feel it would’ve been more interesting for him to tamper around with the void. Since people kept talking about a Light and Void expansion. I know lots of guys who enjoy Shadow Priest. I don’t think we ever had a portrayal of this for a main character. Instead it’s a mindwashed mini me Arthas. It is what it is. Too late now.

Will Anduin experience any character growth? Probably not he will stop being brainwashed and blame it on possession. He hit an Archon lady in the process. (Not kill anything or feel accountable for atrocities as he committed none.) End of story.

Purity Stu

This is the Marty Stu whose main character flaw is… His lack of flaws, which irritates the audience to no end. He is an All-Loving Hero or something similar and may see it as his personal mission in life to be The Caretaker to everyone, whether they want it or not. He will radiate Incorruptible Pure Pureness and this aura of perfection will often create a weird inversion of Straw Loser as this character is just so wonderful that he makes everyone else look bad. He will either be a Technical Pacifistor an Actual Pacifist, unless of course, he actually has to fight, in which case he will fight in the most heroic way, with no one being killed. If (and this is a big if) he has any flaws, they will be so tiny that you’ll need a magnifying glass to see them, or they will be cosmetic flaws that don’t really affect him or the story. And those flaws will almost exclusively be “good guy flaws.”

1 Like

…Did Arthas make the decisions he did under his own free will or was he mind controlled to do what he did?

Anduin was basically mind controlled so unless Arthas was as well I don’t see how Anduin was turned into another Arthas.

Nothing to see here people just an Aviela thread . Move along move along.

I"m not a fan of predictable plots. They could have done much more with this whole thing instead of relying on old content.

Arthduin. 1

No, we just hate Anduin because he’s Anduin. About time we get an alliance leader get hit by the villian bat if you ask me. :slight_smile:
and before you ask, i despise Varian too. Both of them just rub me the wrong way.

Not mention we have obviously have male characters that aren’t angry all the time, Khadgar, Flynn, and Chen comes to mind as funny characters, as well Velen and the Two of the Dwarf leaders, Baine aren’t angry as well and more positive on their outlook or personality. And then there’s Malfurion, who is so lazy that he sleeps for thousands of years, so not really much time for him to be angry. Also… “TYRAN-DUH”. :crazy_face:

you must have been a terrible child to read a story to.

Story: “ONCE UPON A TIME a girl named Cinderella lived with her stepmother and two stepsisters. Poor Cinderella had to work hard all day long so the others could rest.”

You:…Cinderella was a kindhearted and soft protagonist that was a good role model. Now they turned here into a maid to appease the toxic fans who think women should just be cleaning and working all the time and I’ll never forgive y’all for it.

How did they turn him into Arthas? Arthas made all of his choices, Anduin is a puppet who can be saved.

Anduin is still as trash character as you like, just mind controlled for a patch or two

You know why silly Anduin was posessed? So those terrible weiter can Met him murder a view people, Make him edgy for half an expansion and Turn him normal again.
He won’t be responcible for anything and you will have Golden’s golden boy back. That’s it.

Anduin became terrible yes. BfA showed how bad the writing for him was. Anduin talking to Saurfang showed what’s wrong with the writers. Anduin is the poster Chile of the Alliance and it hurts everyone.

Edit: And no I don’t think mein should be macho lol.

I susspect by the and of Shadowlands he will be back to himself mostly. They have been setting him up for a transition from Holy Priest to Discipline Priest for a while now. First was the trickle of Shadow power at the end of BfA, now the forced death/shadow conversion. I’m guessing in 9.2 or 9.3 he breaks free, somehow cleanses half his sword and he becomes the poster boy for balance between Light and Shadow just in time for us to head into the Light are the bad guys xpac.