I was wrong, RDF sucks

You paint a picture of a tragic, tangled mess of mental illnesses with this post.

You’re not punished at all. If you consider questing and slow progression to be valuable content then engaging in it shouldn’t be something you consider punishing. I hate questing and leveling, but enjoy the endgame gameplay loop, which dungeon crawling at least somewhat resembles. Except, my main content and my actual goal is to be done with leveling ASAP because the endgame loop is what I’m after, so when dungeon crawling is inefficient and inaccessible I have to choose between doing something I hate for X amount of time to achieve my ultimate goal as quickly as possible, and doing something I at least like for X+Y amount of time, but which delays my actual goal. If you enjoy questing and the long-form progression of slothful leveling, whether as much or more than the endgame loop, it shouldn’t matter to you if it takes a bit longer because you’re already playing your real game.

RDF existing doesn’t mean questing is punished, even if RDF were literally 100x faster.

Class combat balance is not at all the same as the leveling efficiency of different leveling options, unless you are claiming that 100% of people hate the leveling process. Even I don’t think that even if I know a majority do. 0/10 people want to be playing a weaker class, but there are some people who literally want a more drawn out leveling process, and there is a high correlation between those people and people who enjoy questing in the overworld. Conversely there is a similar correlation between people for whom the game starts at level cap and who prefer dungeon crawling to questing.

Why? What in the bloody hell kind of mentality is this?

Except you’ve been an anti-RDF troll (and a liar, as is par for course for your lot) the whole time.

Actually until just recently I was pressing for RDF, and was resigned to accept we might not get RDF at all but still held hope that we might by ICC; in the correct patch.

I’m fully gonna use it if it ships, and will not complain at all because it will make some things slightly easier, but is the trade off in spirit of the game worth it?? This is the question I asked after playing retail again, and my reaction to that was a hard no.

Perhaps you should check my post history on the subject regarding this outside of this thread before you make yourself a fool.

When you first posted this thread and this comment was first made I checked your history and there were anti-RDF sentiments. It appears you went through and deleted them so you could make claims like you’re making now. But like dark matter, the fact that you now have no comment on the most contentious topic on the forums in the two weeks leading up to Wrath’s drop, despite being an active poster and proceeding to post an anti-RDF thread, is pretty much just as conspicuous.

The only reason I say anything is because I’m forced to whisper someone to say “i want to do the thing” instead of having a system that automates it. I’ve made a few friends out questing, but dungeons is and always has been just business. Get in, get out, don’t even say bye.

maybe next time actually look at my history first rather than pretending. While I didn’t frequently add tons to the convo regarding RDF I was certainly in favor of it. I was more interested in squashing bugs in game recently in hope they would deal with that, provided RDF was such a big topic, and didn’t feel there was need for more pressure on blizz regarding that.

But since you’re apparently incapable of search, ill do this once for you and only very briefly.

Fact is, you’re either remembering wrong or equating my very strong opposition to LFR to RDF, and those are not the same.

The worse option possible is the one suits my playstale. It will consume much more of my time.
Obviously you have been punished

Not necessarily, you are correct. But how rdf is made, well, you know.

Yes, it does. Drastically lol.

Efficiency is efficiency if your class does less damage than other classes avaiable at the pool its thrown away by the community.

Oh sweet summer child.

Nah, I see the same exact mentality here in WotLK classic. Toxic, silent, and annoying. Bring back RDF…its faster and the exact same.

If you don’t like RDF you don’t have to use it right? You and the supposedly countless others who don’t like it can continue to find groups how they do now right? Whats wrong with that? Nothing.

Mate I haven’t played retail in a VERY long time. I just want an authentic WOTLK experience that is ruined by trolls like you, maybe you should go play something else instead of trying to ruin classic?

I’ve probably been playing WoW longer than you little dude :wink:

the LFG in retail is what they should have implemented 100% agree. RDF not good.

1 Like

Yup, the LFG tool in Classic is kinda crappy, it needs filters and some serious solid upgrades. Also the UI is not very good either.

1 Like

thats why we deserve RDF not this awful have imported retail group finder

1 Like

How can you think that?

Lots of projection there fella

think what you want. i guess telling the honest truth is now projection?

edit: nevermind responding, youre getting ignored too. the hidden profile and the sudden emergence onto the forums as anti rdf attacking me on your second post? yeah, your done. welcome to the no fly list.

Idk what mega social serer you are playing, but this is pretty much all of my classic runs.

Like the wise men from Pink Floyd once said keep talking. I think this particular OP needs another look. Especially that first point.

yeah this is all opinion not based in fact. you cant compare retail rdf to wrath rdf, its apples and oranges. PLUS add in the fat that your a pvper… well that just pretty much mean you would NEVER like rdf, it takes away the ability for you to gatekeep and gank lowbies with crap gear. stopped reading after i realized that your whole viewpoint is tilted and you would never do anything but shill for the current LFG grap tool.

Whoever it is going around deleting RDF threads, can you do something about Lucidblue for bumping days-old threads in the first place?