I want to run WoW at max graphics, 1440, will this do it?

AMD Ryzen 5900 12 core
Nvidia 3070ti
32 GB of RAM

Thanks.

A 5800X3D will be cheaper and faster. A RX 6800 will be cheaper and faster than a 3070 TI in WoW unless you want the raytraced shadows.

3 Likes

Thanks.

Unfortunately in this situation it is a PC that a good friend bought and built last year and then rarely used it. So I’d be getting it as is. I agree about the RX 6800. Thats the card I want, but the 3070 ti isn’t shabby :wink:

I know I’m going backwards but what about an AMD 3800x cpu, 32 GB of RAM, and a Radeon 5700 card? Would it still do WoW at max settings?

The PC I built for my wife is a 3700x and a 3070ti. It’s always running about 140 or so fps at 1440 on ultra. I imagine the better CPU will do better.

1 Like

I just posted world boss performance at 2560x1440 Level 10 on the other thread.

i9-12900K
32GB DDR4-4000
RTX 3080 Ti

3 Likes

should work.

if not try lowering the viewing distance to 1 and pretend that your character is near sighted

2 Likes

I’ve ran WoW on a 1080 with a garbage cpu for years at max settings. If you don’t care about fps in the city hub you are fine.

I’ve also heard dragonflight has rampant issues unrelated to hardware too though.

2 Likes

Towns and world bosses are always going to be low FPS areas. It’s a server side issue and there isn’t a whole lot you can do to improve that.

1 Like

Okay. New CPU change. I’m going for an Intel i5 new Raptor Lake with 14 core.

32 GB Ram
Radeon 6800 video card

Combined with a $400-$500 1440 monitor, I’m sure that will get the mission accomplished and more!

Update: Okay … maybe not? I just read the thread about the results WoW players are seeing from the Ryzen 5800X3d cpu.

And WoW is my main game. Hmmm …

1 Like

Upgrade the cooler. It will turbo even more which is good for WoW. Thermalright Frost Commander 140 and upcoming Deepcool Assassin 4 will be good.

1 Like

Are those air coolers? I’m wanting to avoid liquid coolers.

Yup. Those are big air coolers.

1 Like

Thanks I will look them up. I know my local Microcenter doesn’t have them, because I haven’t seen them listed as options in the air cooler choice of their PC builder.

I stand corrected. They do carry them … But its odd, no pricier better air coolers are offered on their PC builder tool … hmmmm

1 Like

No idea. Probably because availability is on another branch.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this so that I can compare it to my pcs performance, and what I can expect when I do finally decide to upgrade.

2 Likes

Odd Im on the Ryzen 9 7900x with an RTX 4080 and 6000mhz memory. I dont drop below 60 FPS at 3840x1600 resolution on that boss.

Think its the DDR5 Ram? The raw speed of the 4080? or Both combind? :thinking: I know wow is CPU and Ram hungry so

Try world boss right after reset. A lot of people doing it.

Thats what I was comparing it to last Tuesday :ok_hand:

My guess is its the raw speed of the RTX 4080 or the 6000mhz DDR5 ram or both combined. Wow is VERY CPU heavy and RAM speed hungry.

And probably network hungry. My CPU and GPU utilization is low.

HardwareNumbers on youtube who does all the wow Reviews reduced his 1% lows a by ton just using DDR5 56000mhz over DDR4. So your right it may be a combination of network and RAM speed.

Im on Google Fiber 2gig

1 Like