I want to roll on a low pop US PvP server...why can't I?

There’s still a ton of people in SW on Windseeker. Lots of them have Ony buff so it did just drop but the comparison to Arcanite Reaper is bizarre. Arcanite Reaper even has more guilds on Alliance logging ZG, yet Windseeker from a glance seems way more populated.

Alright, I just checked Windseeker’s AH.

15,000 auctions, compared to Arcanite Reaper’s 7,000.

looks like right this moment, in excess of 50 in SW maybe?
I just did a who for SW, no level or class specified, and who stops at 50

so redid specifying level, a bit, nothing fancy
40 60’s
49 15 - 30’s
excess of 50 31 - 59’s

Why do you want to play on a dead server?

Yea, i dunno.
We get accused of being a dead realm, a lot.
I mean no, i would say that we have a lot less people doing parsed raids
We have a lot of smaller guilds that will co-op raids with other smaller guilds, not unusual to see a 2 or 3 or 4 guild co-op for MC or BWL
But we are not dead at all.

Bye, have a good time.

Ya I’m gonna roll on AR, seems like the best levelling experience I’m gonna get.

1 Like

I don’t buy that a low/medium is same as a full vanilla. I played on a high/medium pop server in vanilla (duskwood) and it was about the same activity as my current medium server. I played on a high/full (stormreaver) as well and it had much more activity than my classic medium. I do agree that classic full is much higher than vanilla.

Stalaag and Heartseeker have what you’re looking for.

Huh?

Its all relative semantics bruh. Try it: AH on smaller (smedium, medium whatev) servers feel and operate exactly like the ones on near-dead servers.

Good move if you want a small, tight server.

Probably outdated rumors of weird raid politics as reported by guildies that the raid scene felt like one of those creepy small towns in the deep woods.

Granted my alt only made it to 50s and that was in January but everyone I know xferred off of there. Good people, though in my personal experience.

I really have no idea what medium server exactly means any more
Like Delimicus showed, one realm showing as medium pop and showing a lot of raid logs, in person looked very quiet, and low AH activity.

While on my realm, which gets accused a lot of being a dead realm, he found a good amount of live people and over twice the amount of auctions running.

So, i dont know to be honest.

If you want a medium populated US (RP)PvP server, then may I suggest Deviate Delight? While its not “dead” per say its one of the smaller servers with 2k characters logged in the last two weeks (per IF pro).

Use these two websites.

https://wowclassicpopulation.com/activity

https://ironforge.pro/servers/?filter=true&server=us

There are many Classic servers that have far fewer than 3k players on at peak, some around 1k peaks or less.

Ironforge.pro only tracks Warcraftlogs.

PvE servers have more levelers and casuals but fewer raiders, so every PvE server looks smaller on warcraftlogs than it actually is. And levelers tend to be more active and post more auctions(because they are constantly finding stuff to sell), so servers with a higher proportion of levelers will have more auction house listings relative to their population.

Census statistics are far more accurate, if they exist.

AH transactions are a big help for relative sizes. You can roll an alt in each faction for pve, or for pvp…roll Horde, go to AH, write down transactions with addon…delete…go Alliance…check AH…compare

Dont bother with /who…busted and caps at certain searches plus highly dependent on time zones, peaks … Wowpop website imho is totally whack