I want to roll on a low pop US PvP server...why can't I?

You lost me at unlimited sized. That means layering, no thanks.
Not allowing transfers onto the new servers would definitely be necessary.

I’d prefer without layering. I like player choice with regards to population, personally, but I don’t think that my preferences should be forced on others.

It seems to me like it would be quite possible to have somewhat different population rules for some different servers, as we already see different rules with Normal and PVP realms.

Players said that. Players repeated that over and over. Blizzard never said that. In my opinion, it is not true.

It’s hard to find accurate numbers, but it looks like there is a 6-to-1 ratio in Classic between high-pop and low-pop servers. I don’t believe that those low-pop servers are still “much higher than Vanilla”.

Recently (in the long blue post) Blizzard said the Classic CAP is higher than the Vanilla CAP. But a CAP is 1 number for all servers – it is not the population of any server.

Just play on whitemane now, especially if you have a lower level already created there, it’s virtually dead.

Players take that statement out of context. They said that before Classic even launched, the statement is also long outdated. If you want a Low pop server, Arcanite Reaper will satisfy your desire.

3 Likes

Yeah, they did say it but it’s obviously outdated. Blizzard doesn’t keep us updated on barely anything.

This is what Arcanite Reaper (Medium pop) looks like RIGHT now at 4:48 P.M. on a lockdown Saturday in Stormwind:

https://i.imgur.com/8jbiz5K.png

Arcanite Reaper is Alliance dominated:

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/server/rankings/5095/1003#metric=progress&partition=2

If anyone claims that Arcanite Reaper is more populated than the most Full Vanilla servers, they are being wildly disingenuous.

Actually they did, several times

1 Like

er that does not look exactly normal, like at all.
Mind you i dont have any familiarity with AR but for comparison
https://i.imgur.com/dcixXLM.jpg
And we are considered Low/Medium pop

I mean AR looks like the plague hit it from that pic

Looks like an Ony head gathering, I’m gonna go take a look at Windseeker right now.

Dont look in silithis
Im the embarassing thing pretending to be a feral bear, and failing

2 Likes

There’s still a ton of people in SW on Windseeker. Lots of them have Ony buff so it did just drop but the comparison to Arcanite Reaper is bizarre. Arcanite Reaper even has more guilds on Alliance logging ZG, yet Windseeker from a glance seems way more populated.

Alright, I just checked Windseeker’s AH.

15,000 auctions, compared to Arcanite Reaper’s 7,000.

looks like right this moment, in excess of 50 in SW maybe?
I just did a who for SW, no level or class specified, and who stops at 50

so redid specifying level, a bit, nothing fancy
40 60’s
49 15 - 30’s
excess of 50 31 - 59’s

Why do you want to play on a dead server?

Yea, i dunno.
We get accused of being a dead realm, a lot.
I mean no, i would say that we have a lot less people doing parsed raids
We have a lot of smaller guilds that will co-op raids with other smaller guilds, not unusual to see a 2 or 3 or 4 guild co-op for MC or BWL
But we are not dead at all.

Bye, have a good time.

Ya I’m gonna roll on AR, seems like the best levelling experience I’m gonna get.

1 Like

I don’t buy that a low/medium is same as a full vanilla. I played on a high/medium pop server in vanilla (duskwood) and it was about the same activity as my current medium server. I played on a high/full (stormreaver) as well and it had much more activity than my classic medium. I do agree that classic full is much higher than vanilla.

Stalaag and Heartseeker have what you’re looking for.

Huh?

Its all relative semantics bruh. Try it: AH on smaller (smedium, medium whatev) servers feel and operate exactly like the ones on near-dead servers.