I want new races

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I think they should add The Brokers and The Ethereals to the game. Doesn’t matter which side, but I figured The Brokers could join the Alliance and The Ethereals would be Horde. Both races are cool but similar enough that neither faction would feel ripped off.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand why the brokers exist.

Can anyone explain to me a single distinction between the ethereals and brokers that isn’t how they look? Anyone?

1 Like

horde should get high elves

I just want a reptilian race. I have always in every game gravitated toward the lizardmen, to the argonian; it totally sucks that I can’t have one in wow. :sob:

2 Likes

I leave you to your head canon illusions, let them take you where they may.

2 Likes

This is hilarious.

San’layn: Powerful scourge tacticians that made many key decisions in the rise of the scourge itself, bloodthirsty warriors who actually drink blood and rend flesh…who would actually have a lot of value on the battlefield AGAINST the scourge now since they know the inner workings of it…

…versus morphed spirits of the living that somehow make pugs look more pretty who waste their time eating at parties all day while not drinking any blood, but rather the ridiculous notion of ‘sin’.

Yeah, gonna pass on that headcanon :rofl: “Worship them like gods”, has to be the funniest joke I’ve seen on the forums lately.

I support San’layn as playable, definitely not Venthyr. I personally hope to not see afterlife ‘races’ playable, and support AZEROTHIAN (or outland) RACES. Sethrak, Ogres, Saurok, Arakkoa, Jinyu, Vry’kul, Kelfin… the list goes on, and on, and on for what the majority of people have been asking for as opposed to these ‘races’ from a terrible expansion (in my opinion). Some of them, like the venthyr for example, aren’t even a real race. They’re twisted forms of an actual race from the realm of the living. At least Stoneborn are their own thing as opposed to spirits with a really ugly transmog.

Oh, and just because something looks nice doesn’t mean it’s ‘lame’. That mentality got old a long while ago. At least San’layn actually act like monsters.

The lore of San’layn is, in my opinion, far superior to some nosferatu who party all day and can’t even get the situation in their own world right.

Note: These are my personal opinions. I don’t support afterlife races as playable. To the folks that do, that’s fine, I merely disagree. Best of luck presenting your case, but it’s a bad idea to bring silly headcanon into the matter. At least get facts straight.

3 Likes

The vampirates were a neat idea that never got explored. Having some 'vampire’ish skins for races would be cool as a secret unlock.

I made a thread on that actually! Agreed, I wish they did more with that.

1 Like

moose antlers. moose antlers. not deer. different creature my-dude.

Moose are deer.
Moose
The moose... ...is a member of the New World deer subfamily and is the largest and heaviest extant species in the deer family.

1 Like

i’m not here to argue subspecies, i’m arguing which creature’s horns/antlers it is. sure, they’re related, but still.

I think the covenant races are definitely a possibility for becoming playable.

They have different racials, starting zones, and customization options from the ‘normal version’, and some may as well just be entirely new races for how different they look.

While they say covenant races can’t leave shadowlands, I do think this whole fiasco with the jailer sort of allows it…

Prepatch for shadowlands he literally sent the fallen into Northrend which we had to fight back into our plane of existence.

Then we learnt and I think this is massive, literally all Nathrezim (Dreadlords), were all created in Revendreth and just exiled…and we been fighting them for years and years on Azeroth and on Argus, so they definitely can leave Shadowlands and travel anywhere they please.

Just shows that shadowlands and the beings that live their really are able to leave shadowlands, do they do so, mostly not, it seems they have their duty to keep their covenants going but definitely theirs enough proof for covenant races to be playable. Personally seems like Blizzard is setting this up with all the new lore.

Question is will blizzard make them playable or not. At the end of the day the lore proves they arnt just stuck in Shadowlands as we first thought, but who knows what direction they’ll go.

Personally I just want new AR and Core Races, the more the merrier.

1 Like

fat human =/= new race

tauren with antlers =/= new race

different colored orc =/= new race

tattooed draenei =/= new race

slightly different troll =/= new race

slightly different dwarf =/= new race.

I mean, if i go and paint my car a new color, do I have a new car?

1 Like

I totally agree, at least 2 more races for each faction and 1 neutral race.

1 Like

Did blizzard lie? :scream:

When you change the engine (racials) and how it runs I would say so, yeah.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a new race, but allied races are fine. They all play uniquely and have unique bonuses that no other race has.

1 Like

That was last expansion. BfA had more races than it could hope to develop or fully cover.

I’m talking Shadowlands. No new player races, no new class, just this “customization” nonsense which, while a fine idea in theory, to be honest, wasn’t executed to the extent it had to be in order to make up the difference.

1 Like

Nah they can. I really wonder where people got this idea from.

1 Like