"I want classic to be a challenge" also this forum:

Yeah…very sure.

How hard is it to watch a threat meter while spamming a few buttons?

1 Like

Warlock life, travel time at 40 yards from first shadow bolt landing to when the second one lets loose almost perfectly lines up - 2 crits = rip.

Wait a couple seconds before casting your first SB…maybe even a few seconds for the next one?

Do you lack that much self control?

Or are your eyes just glued on the parses/damage meters?

I wait a good 10 seconds for a Thunderfury fury/defiance warrior to build threat - trust me - destruction spells threat generation is stupid. It’s why T2 8 piece is a 20% threat reduction on them.

Learning to balance the scales between killing the boss before healers and mages oom without ripping threat in an environment where people are talking over eachother making calls isn’t retail hard - but it’s not brain dead.

Still learning to overcome the parse brain, though, just practice is all. :slight_smile:

Which kind of leads into why Classic raiding is hard - getting 40 people together who are all on the same page, at equal gear levels, etc. without the better players quitting because they get frustrated is the difficult end. Stacking world buffs and full consuming make that end of the equation much easier to solve.

Parsing-PvP e-Sports have replaced traditional MMORPG PvE play for a lot of people.

4 Likes

For good reason, PVP is much more dynamic - techniques are kept a lot closer to the chest than what’s so readily available around PvE - and in a good duel you’re doing a lot more critical thinking on the fly.

If you want challenging content play with fewer meta picks, no consumables or wb’s.

Would much rather see the currency for how hardcore your run is by how many boomkins you brought.

Clearing BWL in 30min…so what
Clearing BWL with 30 thunderchickens. OMG!

Funnily enough, if you don’t consume or world buff, boomkins actually push the meters pretty hard.

1 Like

To some that is hard.

1 Like

yes, the game is “easy”. But I will also argue that it can be “hard” if players do not know what they are doing. That is a thing btw.

Those of us with really bad ADHD struggle in finding balance in largely boring content while exercising patience, I’m sure there are plenty of other reasons it can be challenging for others as well.

Retail solves this by introducing a lot more mechanics to pay attention to.

Retail is fundamentally a different game. If you enjoy, then please go play it. Please stop trying to force this game to conform to your medical condition.

1 Like

Is your tank afk for 10 seconds? What boss are you waiting for? Please don’t say all of them.

If only Classics content took even one braincell to do it

1 Like

I would rather they got rid of black lotus than for a bunch of bots and cartels to keep the price artificially high while stockpiling them for Naxx(where they will be 500g+ guaranteed).

Especially considering Black Lotus were like 20g in actual Vanilla, but Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided to make megaservers without adjusting spawn rates.

1 Like

You ever tried to pug BWL? I mean a real pug not a guild group that only needed a few players. I’ve joined several, most can’t even do Razorgore, the adds overwhelm them because they don’t have enough dps. The only reason guilds do it so easily is because they usually have full world buffs so they can kill everything pretty much as soon as it spawns(and they have really good gear/use consumes).

1 Like

Sir…I just don’t believe you.

They spam the forums constantly because they have hundreds of black lotus stockpiled for Naxx, and if anything changes they’ll be out tens of thousands of gold.

1 Like

Wrong ppl find ways to not do mechanics or excused not.

Only mechanics are in higher difficulty heroic and mythic.

Ppl believe mechanics makes a game hard. I guess for some because they still stick to parse than survive and over come.
You have to start slow to move fast.ppl parsing disregard mechanics after a lot of attempts. Until they understand which takes longer amount of attempts. Ppl that are just watching all abilities are moving slower to understand the fight more. When They memories them all then easier to parse and do mechanics. I playEd mythic raidS, I didn’t find it hard just about 10 ppl made it hard. Remind them of mechanics over and over.

1 Like

It’s the same as retail. It will always be this way. People don’t want effort to be rewarded… in an mmorpg. It’s a strange world.

1 Like