I Understand Why Now

A weird thing happend, and I’m not sure what changed but it changed really quickly. A few weeks ago there was 0 BM hunter on the ladder, you would find 3 fury warriors before you would find 1 BM hunter. Now all of a sudden, not sure where/when it happened, every other game has a BM hunter.

I used to think “Man BM is pretty good, I wonder why people don’t like fighting them.” and now that they suddenly appeared I can see clearly why no one wants to fight them. Trap, constant slow, two annoying dots that take up your screen, and good sustain damage so you have to burst them down and get their turtle before you get killed by his dots. On my climb to 1800 every game was either BM/Holy Paladin, BM/Holy Priest, or BM/DPS. Where did they all come from???

They saw BM getting run in the arena tourneys and learned how much damage BM can put out, and how easily they can do it.

Did pets suddenly stopped dying?

They reduced damage taken to pets awhile back. That along with the 9.05 venthyr buffs helped BM quite a bit.

Waiting for the incoming nerf then as the other classes start crying how OP hunters are. (They confuse OP with annoying because hunters are very annoying in pvp, it’s the hunter’s best talent and the main reason they are buffed and immediately nerfed repeatedly)

MM I don’t really have a problem with because they have to stand still to pump big damage, BM on the other hand is 100% mobile and never has to stop to cast. Even survival has a very short window to start doing good ranged damage, otherwise we are stuck face to face. I agree with BM just being flawed for PvP,BM is just flawed for PvP because it’s built around not being able to do anything against it, unless you throw all your cc at them and hope something sticks.

Fear my BM hunters mediocre damage and retarded pet AI!

4 Likes

Yeah if you Cc kill pets the BM is useless. It’s not hard. Quit QQing for nerfs. Rouges stuns are annoying to. So is fire mages combust window. So it convoc. So is what ever the hell is one shotting with ret pallies. So are warriors you can never get away from. So are DK’s that you can’t manage to target because of all the dam pets. So are warlocks with fear and over tankyness. So are DH’s with there mobility. Pallys bubbles negating burst windows. Etc.

Yea sure let me do 30k damage, while it has mend pet and a holy priest pumping 20k serenity into it lol

Killing pets is hard when they have 2 healers. Just call the pet back when it’s getting killed.

When did I ever ask for nerfs?

Yes but there is counterplay by using medallion or pre defensives.

Purgeable, also can just use defensive.

Not really, just kick.

Yea IG, not annoying though, just frustrating.

If you can’t get away from warrior as hunter seems like a personal problem.

I actually see like 3 or 4x more frost DK.

Real annoyance with lock is their crazy high burst, but they die in a stun super easy.

Meh, the hunt is more annoying when they crit 22k followed by a 9k fel rush.

can just dispel or run, they got 0 mobility.

The only way you’re killing the pet is if the hunter loses track of it’s health and doesn’t call it back when you’re bursting it.

Basically.

You’re doing something horribly wrong then. BM has very good sustained damage and is very “safe” as the only time it needs to push in is to secure a trap. BM is actually an abomination right now.

I am happy for BM. They should be feared and be respected. Hell I noticed BM is rougher to kill on my SV Hunter, my saving grace is the ability to close the gap and do damage to them face to face. Plus my pet is chewing on them as well :slight_smile:

Or if you’re a Boomkin and are present in the arena.

I just know that when I’d play BG’s like AV/Ashran, I usually or often would get top 3 with score or at least Kills. I just know that if my pet lives and you’re close enough, I’ll tear holes in you.

I just started getting into PvP, I’ve been BM since I started playing in late BFA