I thought Blizzard wag listening for feedback

It’s obvious fun the current state of DH hero talents how bad one is compared to the other, a literal 45% difference, and they think this is ok! I know a couple other classes are similar, i just can’t figure out why some devs listen to feedback and there are changes weekly, and other classes have had zero changes besides a nerf! It’s mind blowing! The game is no where near ready for release!

12 Likes

Lack of changes/development doesn’t mean they think it’s okay. They’re just abysmally terrible about communication, and would rather not say anything for players to hope something will happen, than be upfront that it’s not going to happen at all.

It’s too hard to say “we ran out of time and Fel-Scarred will need to wait until 11.1 to be comparable to Aldrachi Reaver; flashy visuals comparable to other classes will need to wait until later in the expansion as well.”

3 Likes

they’re still doing tuning though so if the major gripe is damage output it’s definitely something they can fix all the way until mythic raid launch week. if the problem is actually how it plays though, that’s where you can point to devs not listening

Pretty sure there hasn’t been a single change to Fel-Scarred all beta. They “moved” to tuning phase with zero acknowledgment of any feedback players have given this entire time.

I think that’s the major gripe.

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter what the complaint is though, they aren’t listening

12 Likes

They have been ignoring rogues, priests, and DH this entire cycle it seems.

They’ve been ignoring the issue with spike damage (that they created) for well over a year too.

5 Likes

All of Druid says hello.

8 Likes

Priests are useless in all content

Do you seriously have the nerve to ask for feedback from the DHs after being at the top for 8 consecutive years, benefits, buffs, damage and insane healing they have had? is seriously? You have no face, my true friend, you have no face to ask for more, this is too much, you have no shame D:

1 Like

Every time an xpac is released, they spend 2 years on class balances before starting over again. There’s going to be FoTM and knee jerk reactions. Never, ever expect them to have minor balancing issues. It’s always been feast or famine, really

1 Like

To be honest: I would start balancing out all the classes now one last time and after that stop messing around with them every single xpac. I mean, concentrate on systems actually bringing content and in general new things, mechanics, whatever into the game. But changing classes every single xpac brings the same struggle back…well…every single xpac. Here and there some minor changes to balance things out when a specific class / spec is too superior or something like that, ok, but that’s it.

All the time invested in adding new systems to the classes (hero talents in this case), changing a whole bunch of talents in the trees (or just shuffling them around) and then balance everything again against eachother costs a lot of time which could be used for more interesting things, which can be messed up far less (or at least same strong for everybody).

Blizz should have enough experience from all the former xpacs to know that nothing good comes from such. The only rework that was actually worth it yet, was the one in DF. I mean who knows, maybe in the end we’ll like hero talents and the possibility of “kinda sub specs” it shall offer, but let’s face it: doesn’t seem to look like it for now.

2 Likes

Thing is I can guarantee that many devs read the feedback threads. But that doesn’t mean they have the power to do anything about it.

If leadership says you work on “XYZ”, that’s what you do

3 Likes

Yeah druids too. I forgot you guys existed too apparently.

I’m at the point where I’m not sure if I want them to add talent points anymore. They couldn’t get it right through an entire expansion and second alpha/beta cycle. So it lends me to think they never will. It’s just another flavor of borrowed power and we only keep it until they ruin a talent tree that was good.

5 Likes

It doesn’t really matter whether they design new systems, or keep the old systems. They could have decades of time, and they may still not choose to do things like clean up Druid class trees because they fundamentally don’t know/care.

People meme about Blizzard’s favoured classes, but it is at least somewhat true. Whether it’s a staffing issue; e.g. not having Devs on hand who truly understand how certain classes or specs work, or whether it’s a philosophical issue, e.g. they’re “targetting” updates to specs that they feel are the most played, etc.

Hell, a lot of the new systems have featured prominent repeats carried over and over through them. Just about every class can point to certain things that are now talents that also used to be Azerite powers, that were also ARtifact traits, or set bonuses.

3 Likes

Something obviously changed over the last couple of months because like I pointed out in another post: in the DF beta we had a lot of communication (6-13 posts in most class sections) and Blizzard pulled out all the stops. It really felt like you were talking to a changed company.

This beta? It feels like Shadowlands again where they don’t communicate, don’t respond, etc. and that’s because something changed on the top. The only thing that seems to get any attention is the stuff regarding affixes because everyone complained about that everywhere.

This is a bad trend going forward into the expansion because Blizzard has obviously fallen back into their old ways.

10 Likes

Lol 8yr “at the top” — top of what? Show me rankings where DHs were at the top.

1 Like

Here’s the thing about your average dh. Roll face on keyboard to top charts, call people trash to the point that the illidan server seems humble, and then cry like the world is ending when they can’t roll their face on said keyboard to be top dps. Shatters their world.

2 Likes

You get me completely wrong. Im not talking about borrowed power nor adding talent points. I mean fix what is broken with what is already implemented, balance it out and then it stays that way with this and the next expansions. Only small balancing adjustments here and there, if necessary, after that.
And no more borrowed power…borrowed power has the same problem, meaning balancing would be necessary.

It actually does make a difference. If you keep the system and don’t make “real” changes to it, you only need to make small adjustments in some numbers, when there is a sign of imbalance. You don’t have to make a huge balancing round for a new system, etc every xpac.

M+ tanking once survivability was smoothed out in late Legion. With only a few small stints as 2nd when other tanks had a DPS / utility spike which were quickly fixed.

Like I said, talents are just another version of borrowed power. They take them, add them, adjust them, remove them, etc. It’s there until it’s not, aka borrowed.

In regards to adding talent points, if you want them to stop messing with them every xpack, you are asking for them to stop adding future talent points. As soon as they add more points it’s the same issue all over again where trees are being reworked to make them fit for the new quantity of points available.