I think WoW should be dark and gritty

True, it has a few good series. I even liked the DuckTales reboot, and I’m usually not a fan of remakes and reboots.

1 Like
2 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t understand how to write anymore. It doesn’t matter if they do dark and gritty or just want to repeat Hello Scaly Island Adventure again - it ain’t gonna work.

Not possible… They can’t even give us dyes for armor.

You are stuck in cartoon land.

Well, there goes the game for people with Arachnophobia.

1 Like

Oh, that would make a great bear form, Storm form, yes please.

1 Like

There’s a rock bear form that can drop off the new world boss

2 Likes

i have it, it dont look the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dragonflight is dark and gritty. You see innocent niffen such as Brynnsauce or however you spell his name get killed by Fyrakk in the Embers of Neltharion campaign.

The second raid has you going to Deathwing’s laboratory where dark and gritty experiments were conducted; it’s just like that bad guy from Fullmetal Alchemist with the dog (ppl who have seen it will know what I’m talking about).

Also when you do Fyrakk assaults and kill one of Fyrakk’s disciples for the first time, you have to loot their severed head, which is pretty dark and gritty when you think about it.

3 Likes

Reminded me that there’s a reference ingame. :mag::robot:

3 Likes

It’s about to get nuts in the worldsould saga don’t you worry. They know if they don’t do something WoW will fall to obscurity, cause yeah it seriously will.

2 Likes

Can’t relate. WoW has never been a gloomland, it’s a mix of both dark and bright and humor. Have just been to the shadowlands raid recently and that’s super dark, plus some random dungeons that are dark like in BFA. How about draenor then?

Aberrus is so gloomy it ain’t even got gloom music (this is a joke, no music = gloomy AF)

If anything I’d wanna see less conservative humor and less serious set pieces. I like wearing a broomstick with manta rays bow, but I ain’t got much to match the look elsewhere. Made a tauren this week and now I’m jealous they can add flowers to their hair.

1 Like

Is it my turn to make this thread next week?

3 Likes

If you want dark and gritty, OP, I have a grill you can clean.

4 Likes

I can’t believe we had a zone 1 xpack ago about tormented souls, watched main characters be tortured. We had a zone themed around the undead and angel like beings being twisted into a multi body creature.

And this is considered ‘‘pixar’’ compared to what? a…tent made out of skin?

I don’t get where this trend is coming from but it’s so stupid.

4 Likes

Yes, we should have rainbow pony zombies.

1 Like

I found out a few things about myself yesterday after a 350 question psychological survey. I’m not about to reveal here what those things are but I will say it put me in a very nice position to explain why I don’t like “dark and gritty” as well as why I don’t really play the game with other people. Some of us are just, different.

I’ve always wanted a version of wow made in the Diablo art style

Imagine how dark wow could be of we got the Diablo art style…

Imagine dark classes like warlocks or death knights :weary:

Ugh so much potential

Game is rated T for Teen get used to it.

3 Likes

The word you’re looking for is gloomy, not dark and gritty. Vanilla zones did that feels so well. Even a bright wide open zone like Uldum has music that makes my eyelids shiver. There’s just nothing like that now