I think WoW should be dark and gritty

All I think about when people say wow was dark and gritty is that rollercoaster thing in spongebob where the hill is like 1 foot drop and they get scared

7 Likes

Even the darkest/grittiest stories NEED a breather from dark and gritty, or it just makes people get desensitized and lose interest. Nobody wants to play anything that’s all war all the time. A good deal of WOW is exploration as well.

6 Likes

Yup. Writers need breaks too from certain topics.

6 Likes

Funny enough, I had predicted Aberrus would be more tragic-- still tragic what happened at the niffen town but I was hoping we’d see more darker elements with the abominations. :thinking:

2 Likes

That was supposed to be dark and gritty? It was just shades of gray, in more ways than one.

Anyway, I play Diablo when I want dark and gritty from Blizzard. Nothing like kicking a corpse on the side of the road hoping to get some gold or a weapon.

4 Likes

Could also be a hidden spider-people club where they listen to Pretty Ricky cuts, EMD and avant garde dance music. Technophobia

1 Like

Wow has been dark and gritty. (What with all the genocide, war and not knowing if you’re on the right side) People complained.

Now it’s a lot lighter. People are still complaining.

Can’t please everyone.

4 Likes

And those poor folks just never saw it coming

3 Likes

It’s nothing compared to playing Alliance in Cataclysm.

I love dark and gritty too, but don’t want that everywhere. Duskwood and Drustvar are my favourite zones and I want more of it, but not to the point where it completely takes over the game.

And if you think not being dark and creepy is “Disney”, you don’t know Disney beyond the buzzword.

3 Likes

Disney is having a tea party with friends AND enemies! :joy:

1 Like

Classic Disney had some rather dark moments, yep. While they never went as far as some anime, the stories from back then definitely had depth.

1 Like

Black cauldron was a personal fav when I was a kid.

But it’s just not that way anymore

1 Like

The gnolls use tuskar as target dumbies in Brackentide.

Also the whole idea of diseased gnolls that literally rot if you fight them is terrifying.

5 Likes

I appreciate the colorful and cartoony aspect of WoW. It is uplifting. Just as the game play is uplifting. And the charm in this game is equally so.

I vote for the continuation of this charming, colorful presentation.

:coffee:

2 Likes

I vote for dark and gritty, canceling your vote completely :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Play Diablo.

Warcraft has never been dark and gritty.

3 Likes

It should be but all of gaming is going away from that now. But lots of the games that started at M for mature and then went T for teen…they have all started going back to M again seeing as how that is how the story originally started being told.

Modern disney has its moments.

2 Likes

Feel free to abstain from trolling.
But everyone knows you and folks like this OP ain’t gonna stop. Ya’ll love trolling way too much.

4 Likes

I think contrast is important. Dark and gritty zones are wonderful but if every zone was dark and gritty it would get one note. I really enjoyed the variety in dragonflight but it was missing a more dark themed zone. I think BFA had a nice balance of zone type. I think if they got rid of thaldrassus in DF and replaced it with a dark themed zone it wouldhave been a nice a balance. Then the story would have went from bright zone->open plains>snowy mountians>dark forest. I think the flow would have been great

3 Likes