"I think the entire principle of punishing human players for the actions of bots to be absurd"

In fact there is already a mechanism in game to control boosting by regulating the amount of xp rewarded based on the group size and level composition. Boosting is in fact intended game play.

There are some arguments to make about using mob pathing to avoid melee combat, but kiting is also intended game play and was done to the extreme in Vanilla (Kazzak says hi!)

My interpretation of the comment, which is vague (the flip side of broad), is that they are targeting bots and gold sellers. Which are becoming an increasing problem.

In BC hunters could auto shot and max their dps, they got “punished” by blizzard by getting a nerf to prevent that shortly after the release of that talent build.

Flying was a well established part of the game but blizzard didn’t like the design as there was complaints of it, and it toke away from the scenic view they designed. However they kept implementing it through pathfinders as people still wanted it.

Blizzard still gives rewards and punishment based off the community, this however goes counter to the community. The complaints where for bots selling boosts, and boosts that no one else could replicate due to fly hicking.
This is just a punishment to the community wanting blizzard to actually punish those that they’d otherwise have punished if it was on retail (remember legion? they banned hundreds of people for their own bug and just normal bots).

A lot of evidence suggests that they do not want to lose the subscription revenue from vast numbers of botters.

But they banned 74k bots. What evidence do you have that refutes this?

1 Like
  • Bots exist for months after 100+ reports.
  • Video interviews of gold farming operators claiming several hundred thousand bot accounts minimum
  • Hundreds to thousands of players complaining bots exist everywhere
  • Blizzard anti-bot technology extremely inferior to that of other servers
  • Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick saying he wants to “remove fun, increase profits” and that "We have a real culture of thrift "

List goes on and on.

ITT: Cowards who don’t post on there mains

This right here.

Bots will always exist, in every game. That doesn’t mean Blizzard is keeping them for sub money.

If they say it, it must be true. Even if true, it still doesn’t prove that Blizzard is keeping bots around for money.

And even more players are staying silent, the vocal minority is never a good representation of anything. Also, once again, it fails to prove that Blizzard is keeping bots around for money.

Can you explain to me what their anti-bot technology is, and how it is inferior to that of others?

Do you have any source for this?

Just because bots exist doesn’t mean that Blizzard wants them around for money. Banning 74k bots seems to be indicative that they don’t care about the money though.

“There could be no possible way people actually disagree with me!! no no, i’m so smart and perfect. It must be a massive conspiracy to silence me! Everyone actually agrees with me, yes yes”

Do you people even listen to yourself?

then why would you roll out the bans in “waves” with zero info or proof other than a random number they could produce on the spot?

Taking that with a grain of salt because what some may consider exploits others, blizzard included likely dont.

Exploits are likely coding snafu like the ability to avoid being detected while fly hacking or wall clipping the game mesh.

It doesn’t even stop boosters… they can still boost for 6 hours if they’re efficient.

It stops anyone who does dungeon runs for more than 30 resets in a day, that’s it. Many people can still do the same thing just as they were, but only if they play every day for up to 30 resets or 6 hours for boosters. How does that solve the problem? people who farm dungeons or boost just need to spread it out now. What issue is this fixing?

I literally had a post i made about this subject flagged and hidden because of people mass reporting it, only to have a mod unflag it because the post wasn’t against tos or trolling in any wzy. It just wasn’t a “lets hate blizzard” post so it got reported by salty neckbeards

The “conspiracy” is real

And funny enough, the blizzard post about the mass banning of bots that occured today pretty much confirmed everything i said in my post, and i made the post hours before the blue post

1 Like

There is a solution that’s unpopular on this forum but is shown to give Blizzard a little extra money and resolve the gold seller market for good.

Punish humans? You tripping no one does 30 a day. Hell everyone I know raid logs

It’s not 30 a day, it is 30 in an arbitrary 24 hour window.

1 Like

30 in a day is really not hard to hit for people farming certain things. Not hard at all. especially if you can’t play all week and you have one day to farm out your SGC or reed or lashers or nature resist gear or whatever dungeon you’re farming.
Seeing how this limit is actually useless because it does nothing to stop “exploits and automation” then I don’t see why punishing legitimate players who play for one long day a week really solves things.

This especially. Nothing to track it, nothing to determine when it locks out from what I’ve seen - it’s just, “you have entered too many instances recently”.

Punish humans? You tripping no one does 30 a day. Hell everyone I know raid logs

If everyone you know raid logs then it’s not our fault that you’ve failed to foster a community. Maybe try to find people who play the game and learn about how things work from them.

I literally had a post i made about this subject flagged and hidden because of people mass reporting it, only to have a mod unflag it because the post wasn’t against tos or trolling in any wzy. It just wasn’t a “lets hate blizzard” post so it got reported by salty neckbeards

Your ilk mass reported my thread and got it flagged, just to have it restored after a few minutes. It goes both ways.

And funny enough, the blizzard post about the mass banning of bots that occured today pretty much confirmed everything i said in my post, and i made the post hours before the blue post

Was that post about how Blizzard has the technology available to detect botting and yet refuses to use it, banning thousands fewer bots than they should be banning? Or about how the cap on dungeons is unnecessary, given that they already have the technology to detect botting?