"I think the entire principle of punishing human players for the actions of bots to be absurd"

Saw this earlier:

I think the entire principle of punishing human players for the actions of bots to be absurd

That quote sums up the issue exactly.

17 Likes

Except it wasn’t just targetting bots. It was also targetting exploitative behaviour.

The real problem is they let it go on for so long that people have managed to convince themselves that they weren’t exploiting dungeons.

13 Likes

you’ll get reported for disagreeing with the RMTers, some have consolidated in a discord and are mass flagging any posts who says they approve of the change

1 Like

Please get over the ideas of “reward” and “punish”.

Blizzard isn’t your parent. Blizzard does not think they are your parent. Blizzard thinks you are an adult. Blizzard does not “reward” or “punish” anyone.

Blizzard isn’t even a person. Blizzard is a corporation with hundreds of employees. Nobody at Blizzard has the “principle” of “punishing” anyone. That’s entirely in your mind.

2 Likes

Show me where they said that. I’ll be waiting.

Show me where they said “this is targetting bots”. I’ll be waiting.

2 Likes

Bolded the relevant part. It’s meant to target both.

3 Likes

Pathfinder in retail.

:cactus:

1 Like

Nice goalpost moving, because I’m not the one making the claim. Still waiting.

Blizzard isn’t your parent. Blizzard does not think they are your parent. Blizzard thinks you are an adult. Blizzard does not “reward” or “punish” anyone.

The actions of players are rewarded or punished by the design of a video game. At a more meta level, changes in the design of the game can also reward or punish. This has nothing to do with your parents, sorry.

1 Like

They need to explain that further. Why is running into a dungeon, getting what you want and doing it again ‘exploitative’?

2 Likes

Further elaborations would be nice. We can sit here and guess all day with each other what it means but at the end of the day only Blizzard can define it.

Lol

2 Likes

Except they didn’t effect either. If they wanted to change pathing they could easily change the map 
 you know LIKE THEY JUST CHANGED IN AV 
 AND WSG

Exploitive behavior could easily be referring to gold selling.

I think you need to look up two definitions. Exploit and behavior. After you’re done reading the definition of these two words come back and re read that sentence which refers to this subject broadly.

Hey I support it and thank for threatening me and others to silence them. Looks it’s a panda.

exploit is the use of a or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the [game’s designers]

Will blizz every clarify what they meant by this?
and if they think boosting/farming dungeons is so exploitative, they should have removed the VERY WELL KNOWN strategies from the client.

How is helping a warrior guildie farm items such as HoJ and SGC in a day exploitative behavior? These are part of the reasons my account is locked on top of ZG on mutiple 60s.

1 Like

It is not.

This goes to prove that Blizzard has implemented an absolutely horrible patch and needs to be fixed ASAP.

2 Likes