I think I’m a boomer

Baby Boomer is a generation.

Boomer is a self entitled, got mine screw yours, attitude exhibited by some Baby Boomers (hence the OK Boomer meme) but has also been found in Gen X and even millenials.

Or if you have a different opinion. Whichever they decided that day.

To me a Zoomer is my dog when he decides to spazz out

1 Like

SSA’s wishful thinking.

Boomers are not all that old, it extends up to those born in 1964. I am 63 and well within the boomer generation and my dad served in WW2.

As to OP, I played classic when it was retail, no interest in doing it again. I am OK with some parts of retail, others not so much.

1 Like

If elves can live for centuries, what does that make them?

The trailing year to be part of the baby boomer generation is 1964, that’s 59 years old right now.

Fun fact: My mother, a boomer, thinks that “zoomer” is another term for boomers because they are “always busy and zooming around.”

I have tried my best but cannot convince her that this is not the case because there is some Canadian magazine named “zoomer” that is specifically for older folks, or as they call it, “the most powerful demographic in Canada” and since I can’t put my head thru a wall, I’m just done! :unamused:

by this logic I become a boomer every few months or so, and then turn into a zoomer after another few months.

Big-badda-boomers?

I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

I don’t like retail either. Customers suck, chronically understaffed, underpaid, yet are seen as essential workers so we don’t get things like national holidays or covid off.

2 Likes

meh play what you want. i prefer older versions of mmorpg’s because thats what i grew up with. the longer grind for everything. problem with most of the games that provide older versions is they don’t update them unlike OSRS which does. that is the only reason i stick to retail because once im done with all the content i want to do in say classic WoW what is there left for me to do besides roll a new toon?

if they added new content to classic i’d likely be playing that over retail despite retail offers the QoL stuff i need.

Do you still pay in checks?
Do you get outraged over the price of postage?
Are 2 or more joints artificial in any way?

You might be a boomer.

/goes full redneck parody

If you laugh so hard your teeth fall out…
If youve ever destroyed a national economy and blamed it on the youth…
If social security exists for you

You might be a boomer

Nah, most people have grown out of retail.

If you’re still playing retail, you are certainly a minority.

I know several people that play(ed) WoW, but I’m the only one that’s ever still here.

All of them either quit, or are on Classic rn.

I am a millenial, btw.

So, it’s just fallen out of favor with most younger audiences imo, as a game. Probably for older audiences too, idk. Always more stuff happening in the world that results in more work and less game time.

I was thinking more Slavitza Jovan.

I have seen some undead toons looking like Joan Jett.

that’s not how you tell if your boomer… your a boomer if you don’t understand the current generation anymore, and would rather impede progress than be a part of it.

atleast, that’s how i think you can tell if your a boomer…
either that, or your over 30… which by that logic, i too am a boomer.

I’m 33. I play very casually. For some reason I still am drawn to the game about twice a week. I pretty much do mythic + maybe 4 times and that’s it. I can’t even get my reps up this expansion. It’s not as fun as it once was. Could be us though, I mean, my kids love fortnite… I couldn’t play that more than 2 rounds.

I hated BFA and shadowlands, im having a blast in DF maybe you aren’t a boomer just jaded and need a break