I tested out the HOJ triple swing bug

nerf swing timer add-ons then?

PS Warriors can maintain permanent Enrage as well friendo while using spell batching mechanics…

#JustSayin

Good job man. Now they’re going to all make their posting history private.

But we are not supposed to be able to. /sit isnt supposed to be able to proc crit reactive abilities. Im not just picking on paladins here.

Thnak you for posting that video. Now - was this how rek behaviour was in 2004-2006? Should that be considered an axploit - he does mention ‘free hits’.

Continue this tommorrow - my spelling is getting worse and i need sleep.

sweet tasting tears of agonizing rogueness…

yes, cuz the Guide to Reckoning that you posted earlier, I chatted with the author - so posting yet again what Baconn wrote:

Baconn
<Reverends of Swagger>
120 Human Paladin23205315 posts

Aug 28, 2018 (Edited)1

Got linked over to this post from I assume Theloras, and I can shed a little light on Reckoning. Some of the info from my 14 year old guide was a little out-of-date: IIRC when the sticky dropped I stopped updating the guide.

Normally if you’re sitting down you would not get Reckoning charges from auto-attacks. However, you could gain charges from random NPCs by constantly sitting and standing up due to server lag: mob would try to attack you as your were sitting, so it’d be a forced crit. However, if you stood up just as you were getting hit, the server would see you as if you were standing and get a Reckoning charge.

In regards to the free hit. Im not sure how many times i have told you blizzard changed ther 1.12 behavious of crit reactive procs not proccing from /sit. They dont want it in this version of the game - quote whoever you want from whatever timeline youd like - the dont want it in Classic

Lets try again shall we.

One more time? Creating a workaround to their fix is still exploiting something if they dont want it in the game.

2 Likes

So you’re telling me the sit/stand thing WAS in vanilla? Why did I ever humor the possibility these numb skulls knew what they were talking about and not just over reacting to a video they saw.

no one ever said it wasnt.

They patched it in vanilla to fix it, but this guy is pointing out that there was a way around it using spell batching.

2 Likes

ding ding ding

and again, Seal Twisting during TBC should not have existed, yet it did due to Spell Batching and no Blood Elf Paladin was ever banned for “Creative use of Game Mechanics”

not if the mechanic exists in the 1.12 reference client (which it does) lol

#NoChanges
#WartsAndAll

1 Like

And this is where I disagree with you. These guys are intentionally finding a work around that blizz themselves stated they did not want in the game. It should not be allowed. Period.

1 Like

it existed in 1.12 Vanilla due to spell batching - just using /sit doesn’t work

originally published on warcraft movies on 2006-02-24
https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=15930

Yeah, I get that it existed, that’s not up for debate. But what we have here is a clear cut to the T definition of exploit. Someone found a work around to a fix that blizz put in. That’s an exploit. It can either be patched out and fixed, or you can claim warts and all and blizz can instead just ban the people for exploiting.

cmon dude, on paper Seal Twisting should not have existed at all - but it did and no one ever got banned for the entirety of The Burning Crusade expansion - same with Totem Twisting

Yet Seal Twisting is again not what’s being discussed here and never had action directly taken by blizzard to try and counter it.

Edit: We’re not talking about spell batching being abused to do gimmicky things, we’re talking about spell batching being abused to specifically abuse and work around a fix for something blizzard attempted to correct.

3 Likes

neither did using spell batching to gain reck charges in Vanilla

I have spoken

Oh please, you’re just being intentionally obtuse at this point. Blizzard attempted to fix reck charges being gained by /sit, people found a way around that by abusing spell batching. That doesn’t change the fact that blizzard tried to stop the /sit reck charges.

According to that post it was possible to do the /sit /stand in vanilla.

1 Like