I still don't understand why any of these glyph/pve/spec changes were made at all

So does this community want classic plus, or do they just want nostalgia bait? New things placed on the old game to me is much better than just simply reliving something I’ve already done. To me at least.

1 Like

yeah it never made any sense to me. I have found classic players to flip flop immensely (for example, saying Cata was a good expac despite everyone saying it was trash)

Because one of the devs played ret pally and buffed his own class.

Nostalgia bait please, classic + will blow since the new dev’s are terrible.

And that’s why it’s failing hard. All we wanted was a mostly authentic wrath.

2 Likes

Can you say something positive?

I still don’t understand why threads like this are made, but here we are.
:axe:

3 Likes

you mean the same guy who originally said no to buffing paladin? the guy who wrote and entire wall of text saying why they weren’t buffing ret?
Its an easy thing to fallback on but its disingenuous entirely. He said no originally, that breaks this entire narrative. If this narrative were true it would have just happened without him posting saying it wouldn’t.

Because not all 2010 game designs live up to 2023 standards.
Additionally, players were far worse in 2010 than they are today. Without Gary nerfs, for example, DKs would be double the DPS right now of any other S-tier spec in the game.

You can’t have 1 spec do 20k, meanwhile 2nd best one is at 13k.

And they were #NoChanges and it miserably failed. A week after launch, 100’s of threads started appearing asking for threads. People thought it was all nice and pretty, but once the reality of how broken some aspects of the game has hit them, it hit them hard.

And this is PERCIRSLY why changes are being made.

• We all KNEW that Wintergrasp would NEVER happen without changes
  • We all KNEW that dungeons in Wrath would be dead within 2 weeks of launch.
  • We all KNEW that PvP would suffer and that without PvP changes it wouldn’t survive
  • we all KNEW that to even compete as a Feral Druid you need to bearweave and thus have 15 button rotation.

and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

I’m sorry you feel that way. But doesn’t make you right.

/thread

1 Like

but this isn’t a 2023 game. it’s a relaunch of a previous expansion. if you don’t like that garg was discovered to be broken and would do double the damage without any changes, why play it to begin with? Or how about, play said spec, or join a guild that does not care?

This entire release of the classic versions should’ve always been as-is, if people wanted changes they should’ve asked for classic+…? So do classic players want Classic+ or do they want the original vanilla/tbc/wotlk experience?

Doesn’t matter.
We live in 2023.

And the game is 97% the same as it was outside of few changes.

The content is all there. Yall are literally being all dramatic AF being 30-45 y/o bunch of cry babies that some spec got buffed by 5-10%

Grow up. Stop crying.

3 Likes

The first 5/5 had 9 unholy DK, with that puny nerf DK are still being stacked everywhere.

2 Likes

cuz rets cried on forums (seal of blood before TBC classic release)

people didnt really want classic warts and all. they just wanted raids that were easier than retail’s raids.

Yep, I like the glyph system.

Perfect? No. Better than retails though by far. Its been fun and or useful. S. priest is not loaded to the gills so much. But even the levitate minor has found a place in my heart.

I don’t need ingredients anymore. Cool, means I can carry more candles to group cast fortitude.

I pack lots of candles for that as I spam this a lot in bg.

In the case of feral Druids, it was obviously to annoy the people who enjoyed playing the spec, and also to troll other people into rerolling and gearing to get ready for ICC, only to pull the rug out from other them.

Nochanges hasnt been a thing for quite some time. They kicked that concept out when TBC Classic launched.

No changes doesnt’ really work when you don’t release the patches the way they were. Starting on the final phase patch during ulduar hard nerfed armor pen classes. It’s why feral which was dominant in origin wrath was a small step from meme until it got the buff.

and no one stacks Rets lol

Because practice showed it was not a viable option in 2019-2020.

Very very very veeeeery few people understand that.

On top of that, an avg player in 2010 would be considered an absolute :dog2: :poop: by today’s standards.

And then buffed it anyway? I’m sorry did you have a real argument?

Fury was dumped for 6 months and everyone laughed at us.

Now everyone is raging at the motion we won’t be on the bottom anymore

We were this bad in real wotlk and pallies got buffed when we were just as bad as pallies.

Icc tuning since pre patch was a clear way to keep wars down and buffing other classes was just running salt in our deep wounds.

Honestly I think it really boils down to this. I have two close friends who were really good retail players (Top US 50 guilds), at some point they stopped playing retail entirely and focus purely on Wrath. I’ve always wondered why, as retail raids have much more going on, require more effort, are more engaging, and ultimately, they aren’t 15 years old.

I think that they’ve simply gotten too busy with stuff outside of this game, keeping up with retail mythic raiding is pretty big effort if you want to push the highest keys or go for orange parses in Mythic raiding.

They still want to raid in world of warcraft, clear the hardest content, and they do enjoying tryhard parsing in wrath. All of this is infinitely easier to do in WOTLK raids, they don’t even really play outside of the main raid and maybe joining an alt raid on the weekend.