I started grouping with non-SF people

It feels kinda dirty but frankly there’s not enough SF people out there. The first time I did it was by accident, I forgot to check. Now, I just don’t care. Is my SF status tarnished because of this? :expressionless:

Eyr, you have cooties now.
Ew.

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

No, grouping with only SF people was never part of it and honestly its only really viable up to deadmines and stockades then you have a hard time finding any SF players in general.

It would be alot easier if they had a seperate LFG channel for Self Found only

1 Like

Think of your SF status as SF, and I feel like you’ll have your answer to this question.

:woman_shrugging:

It’s not Self Found if you find something in a group, it’s Group Found!

Why can’t anyone but me see this??

2 Likes

You are correct but people referring to it as “solo” self found kind of muddied the waters. So by removing “solo” it almost implies grouping. In reality it’s redundant.

However you could still argue that you “found” it yourself. Just other people also found it at the same time.

1 Like

this :expressionless:

Easy enough to create one and publicize it.

actually it’s not that easy to create a unique LFG channel and publicize it so it gets enough users :expressionless: but thanks for your input

Yeah issues would be:

1. Most people will never hear about it
  2. Nothing to prevent non-SF players from joining
  3. Leadership of a channel transfer when people log off so a troll could just delete the chat channel
2 Likes

I mean this in the gentlest way possible, but no one really cares.

Self found is a sliding scale of difficulty. True solo is tougher than grouping with SF which is tougher than grouping with all, etc. Pick where you want to be. I enjoy dungeons, so I’m grouping up with all comers.

2 Likes

We did just fine on Bloodsail by posting the group along with “addon only”. The same could be done by posting SF only.

Also,I wonder if Eyr is washing his hands constantly after that mixed encounter … I know a decent therapist Eyr, just let me know. :wink:

1 Like

Joking aside, as an OCD person myself it’s amazing how much I’ve agonized in the past over doing things the “right” (read: hard) way from a challenge perspective. Hard difficulty in a shooter is all bullet sponges and boring fights? Gotta do it. Is there an achievement that requires an insane handicap? Gotta do it. Only way to beat an encounter with handicaps is to play it 100 times until all the probabilities align? Yes.

If you find yourself fixating on these things, a therapist might give relief imfor both gaming and other areas. Heck, the Petris on HC still make me twitch.

1 Like

I can’t even …

That works.
People that want to put in the effort can make it work. Either an in-game channel or discord can be by invite. But your suggestion is super easy.

Cooties are very resistant and invasive.
C O O T I E S

3 Likes

Translates to H U M A N S, I don’t recall which language though.

The description fits …

1 Like

Get nowhere without being pragmatic.

My take is, as far as on official servers go, SF and SSF are two separate challenges. No reason to limit yourself to only partying with SF players as SF. Its doable, but damn is it time consuming to do.

Some people get “mad” at this kind of take. To hell with 'em :stuck_out_tongue:

In short, play how you want to play dude. It’s just a fudging game.

2 Likes