I shouldn't dread getting level 60

Once I’m level 60 it’s like I have to clock in to work and play for 3 weeks in order to be with the meta. Right now I’m having a blast leveling at my own pace through BG’s. But I know as soon as I’m level 60 I can’t bg anymore because everyone is gonna be 35k+hp. Why is it like this? Why do I have to ask a friend to play on his lower level alt so I can enjoy pvp at level 60? Where is the casual BG’s for 20k hp 60’s?

9 Likes

Yep it’s terrible. When I hit 60 on a fresh alt I usually level sync the 51-59 bracket for a while until I at least get around 175 ilvl.

1 Like

I absolutely love leveling bgs.

The game has been like this for 16 years.

If you fell behind the curve, you were just behind the curve.

There’s no system in place and never has been to put fresh 60s up against other fresh 60s.

I don’t dread it, I just don’t care about getting there anytime soon. First time this has ever happened.

In the past while leveling one guy something would catch my eye and I would get excited at the prospect of leveling an alt for whatever I noticed.

Now I am just feeling “eh, I will get there eventually”.

2 Likes

leveling is the only thing left that is fun anymore imo, i.e. SL is a hard fail

I feel you. I was enjoying my warlock in bfa, and my frost mage in bfa, along with my druid tank and my hunter main. now i only play my hunter and druid tank. I don’t want to do the sl grind again and again on two other toons. with torghast scenario, coven crap. its all too much now. the catchup system is a joke and threads of fate is a joke. i really don’t want to have to go through all the zones and story mode etc again and the threads of fate takes forever on all 4 zones. bfa’s catchup system for alts was great, took maybe 2 hours if that. sl catch up takes days. and makes it a horrid grind esp with the maw and torghast being tied into the mainstory which is absolutely the worst thing blizz has done so far. I avoid it as much as I can and only do it when I absolutely have to get my coven ranks up otherwise I don’t touch either one for anything.

1 Like

I level until 50 and shelf the character. I love leveling otherwise, but going through SL makes me want to log out each time. It’s just not something that excites me, and I still struggle to find a reason to stay subbed beyond my love of collecting stuff and leveling right now.

Agreed. It seems like a simple fix to sort by ilvl (historical ilvl) but what do I know?

So what you’re saying is is that you want Horde queues to be even longer?

1 Like

Yeah, if you want to be ‘with the meta’ that’s what you have to do…

If you enjoy the current BG bracket and want to continue enjoying it, why not continue to farm at that bracket until you have enough honor gear to fully deck yourself out with honor gear? Then you will at least have decent enough gear to slowly upgrade them to 197 with honor.