I see a lot of excitement for Ashes of Creation - but it's forced PVP. Will you guys enjoy that?

In Ashes of Creation there is forced non consensual pvp in many facets of the game. This usually makes the game a niche title. How does it impact you?

2 Likes

The first MMO that I ever played was forced pvp with no way to opt out of it. I loved the game and spent a small fortune on it, but having to fear getting attacked or killed at any moment without warning inevitably soured me on it. I definitely know now that any sort of game like that is not for me.

2 Likes

With forced PVP. I wont even take another look at it.

1 Like

I’m not worried about the forced pvp because it’s not a full loot game. You lose nothing but time and the node you were building. It’s the next evolution in pvp where actions actually have consequences on the direction the world takes. It’s not the typical lame full loot game most of us hate. And let’s be real, games like WoW have no real sense of danger. You just spawn at the nearest cemetary and continue doing whatever you were doing before. Rinse and repeat.

My biggest worry will be all the bots and cheats. If they can’t get that under control as early as possible, it will chase away many potential players.

Actually, another fear is population distribution. One side might be so large it overwhelms everyone else. Maybe I overlooked the safety guards they put in place to deal with it.

You do lose things on death, death certificates from mobs (where you get your money from) and any gatherables.

You also get debuffs from exp loss. (punishment from any kind of death in the game)

The game’s gearing being mostly focused on gathering makes it very incentive for ganking other players when they got no guts to go into the dangerous area’s in the world with rare gatherables/certifcates.

1 Like