I remember when

I know this is supposed to be some “clever” commentary on gdkps or whatever but tbh it really just makes you sound incredibly pathetic. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

very server dependant as well, if you were on a smaller less progression minded server you’d have servers with zero Heroic 25 ICC clears until Cata

Or you’d be on a server with Full 25 Heroic ICC GDKPs. My old server in vanilla we had something like 6 or so guilds that managed to full clear Naxx 40 before tbc launched, by no means the average but seeing epic gear on characters on that server also wasn’t that terribly impressive

1 Like

During TBC, I had 1 max-level character (a Warlock on Dalaran, where I was playing with my friends from highschool, who had played during vanilla and were traumatized from being on a pvp server, so had transferred to a Normal server). When I realized it was a normal server and that that meant we were missing out on a fundamental part of the game (WPVP), I decided to reroll on a PVP server, and one of my friends joined me.

I had just hit max-level on my priest on Laughing Skull and saw a rogue in the bank in Org with Warglaives… I think he was in a guild called <Fail> or something like that, and I asked him what the requirements were for the guild… he said, “Not being in leveling blues and greens.” and told me that they were on a break until the next content release anyway,

Similar story… I ended up rerolling to the class and role that I really wanted to play, which was a tanking on a warrior. I spent time to map out and set up keybinds (LoL! But, it was a big deal for me at the time. I read a lot about it on tankspot, and even suggestions for mapping out binds using Excel, etc. so I made a weekend project out of it, )

Not me! Everyone’s decked out now. That seems to be the base-standard for anyone who is in a guild and schedules raiding, which seems to be almost everyone.

I don’t know if that’s even true. I suspect that the vast majority of us who play WoW Classic already experienced all of that, and it seems patently obvious when talking with anyone else playing.

In any case though, the thing that made the experience the way it was back then was lack of experience. There were far more players who were casual, learning, new to MMORPGs, new to computer games, new to WASD keyboard movement, etc. than there are today.

Perhaps a new MMORPG, like World of Starcraft or something would bring in new players, but it would never be the same, because it will be filled with people who live in today’s society that have a lot of experience with online gaming, keyboard and mouse movement, and are used to spending hours and hours daily playing games.

Ultra-nerdy gamers are no longer outliers.

Maybe I feel differently because I was a bit older when I started playing, but I never did this. At most, it was “hey that guy has some cool stuff”. I certainly wasn’t “in awe”.

1 Like

Omg , no lifer. Sad, hope you get something in your real life. This is sad. May be get professional help Ohdin. This is definitely not healthy.

I’ve also run into brand new characters and they still behave like new players way back did. “wow your gear looks cool where do you get that”
Ulduar
“how do you get there”
“you find 24 other people and go in there”
“wow”

People getting mad that they will never replicate the experience of being new, the experience of being new is the same as it ever was

I remember when you were young. You shone like the sun. Now there’s a look in your eyes. Like black holes in the sky. You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom. You reached for the secret too soon and cried for the moon.

1 Like

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

2 Likes

Stop worrying about what other people do. This is a re-release so you can do all the things you didn’t do the first time around. What other people buy has zero impact on that.

1 Like

ok… awwwwwwwww… lol

Everyone with gear has GDKP’d it

Lmao ok, sure.

I require more aww

Someone needs to tell him gdkp has been in the game since 2008 when he was in awe over the gear he was just to naive to know that it was

1 Like

Yeah, it could also been seen as opportunity.

With the glut of gold in the economy, I can sell junk for much more gold. This at least makes things like buying mounts and working up tradeskills much easier as the cost of vendor stuff stays static.

I just started back in WoW. What was the VERY first thing I did? Made a character, ran to the auction house and started an auctioneer scan. This way I can find what crap is overpriced while I’m farming newb stuff. Eggs have proven to be quite good for a ‘newb’. Already have a ton of bag space.

The entire OP sounds like a personal problem or personal outlook issue. Stop thinking everyone with better gear is a gold buyer, chances are they did it legit. Game is pretty easy for medium to low effort input.

Just gives off big “jaded player” vibes.

2 Likes

It’s called perception, Also when the majority of guilds clearing our GDKP’s it’s an easy assumption to make.

Back before everyone got it legit now the majority of people do not get it legit.

Sorry that you bought your gear from a GDKP and this post upsets you

Lmao, never did a GDKP, dislike them. Swing and a miss on that one. You can also see that the gear I have it not indicative of someone dumping money into GDKP runs.

And your perception is colored by your dislike of GDKP raids and RMT. Plenty of non GDKP guilds clear hard modes and normal content.

Doubt, would need some backing information to support this. GDKP is popular but it doesn’t have a monopoly on PUG’s

Prove it… You coming here acting like you’re the authority of all the statistics of world of Warcraft… let’s see proof to back up your straw man argument…

Nah, you made the initial claim, can’t push that one on me.

you made it, now back it.

You obviously didn’t play vanilla wow If you did you would know that I was speaking facts.
In the future get your facts straight and back it with data before making your strawman arguments

Oh and thanks for keeping my thread at the top of the page