I remember…

When WoW was special, when it was fun. When you looked forward to leveling, “dinging”! IYKYK.

That’s all.

6 Likes

Sadly, I do know about the dings, which I don’t miss. WoW is still special to me.

I very much prefered when big mean Mandokir didn’t say Ding. Or when people used chat-addons to say “gratz” at any and every achievement pop up.

I’m pretty sure Mandokir always dinged, even in Vanilla.

Gratz!!

4 Likes

Eh idk, I’ve met quite a few baby murlocks in the mentor program having a good time. For them WoW still feels special and fun because everything is still new and mysterious.

2 Likes

The loud, obnoxious ding of levelling. I remember. I do not miss it. It can forever stay gone and save my ears from ungodly tinnitus.

1 Like

The in-game ding sound hasn’t changed since 2004.

Wouldn’t know. Haven’t played with sound since 2007-ish.

1 Like

I still look forward to this. Because I love using the new talent points.

I still think it is. A subscription based game that is still going strong in its 20th year? That’s a hell of a thing!

2 Likes

WoW is actually far more special NOW than it was back in Vanilla. Too many people are wearing these HUGE rose-tinted glasses when they think of Vanilla. The core game design in Vanilla could best be described as tedious. Maybe it worked for everyone when they were younger, but those people are 20 years older now.

It still exists, you know.

It still is with the right group of people. Maybe not quite like it was when I started but still fun.

You ding so fast now it would be spam to yell ding every level now xD

I mean, yeah.
But what you’re describing is just the feeling of being new to the game.

The game is still pretty good for what it is. But it’s normal to not have that spark about it after playing for potentially 20 years.

Ding levels are done
ding levels are done
ding levels are done
ding levels are done

I gotta raid
I gotta PvP
I gotta mythic plus
I gotta pet battle

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like