I really wish…

That they would drop shadow bolt from aff and replace it with malefic grasp. They never should have taken that ability away. And then we could get a good return on first talent row instead of being pigeon holed into drain soul. (Plus MG animation was top notch).

3 Likes

wasnt MG a talent in the 15 row that effected the then baseline drain soul?

It was in Legion.

In mop it was baseline learned (and replaced SB) around level 42. And then we also had drain soul for execution phases!

1 Like

Shadow bolt does feel very antiquated for Aff considering how much has changed since Vanilla. I always enjoyed MG and wish they would bring it back too. It gave a more priority feel when specific things needed to die.

Apparently SB aims ahead of DS with the new tier bonuses in 9.2 so you might be able to drop DS unless you’re running the drain Lego.

I hate SB :frowning: I love drain spells. MG was just the perfect filler for the aff theme. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah I feel ya, I think Aff should be about DoTs n Drains, nothing more, but I just don’t like the current iteration of it neither did I enjoy the abomination of BFA either.

My wish for Aff is to stop being about burst and be a more sustained damage dealer, along with going back to Legion design but oh well, I don’t see that happening again so that won’t be coming true. Rapid Contagion woulda been a much better shard spender to design Affliction around, too, over MR, imo. That being said, though, RC could have given Aff it’s burst for those who want Aff to have burst.

I also don’t advocate for 15 DoTs, either, just the 4, when talented, or the 3 baseline DoTs that are a lot more powerful. UA going back to being a regular DoT, not stackable DoT but a regular DoT, like I think it was back in WoD? Maybe MoP, I don’t remember what the expansion was when we were able to have 1 UA up on each target and it was just a regular DoT that silenced people upon it being dispelled and did damage to them like VT does.

3 Likes