I really hope they don't screw up Arms Mastery again

Feels like Abom doesn’t understand that if we nerf mastery hard and over buff our MS then arms because a rather weak spec in most PvE content.

As it currently stands, arms is the highest melee dps in raid and while not a favor among top end keys (outside of MDI at least), arms damage is extremely well especially on weeks like this week with adds having more HP or tyrannical week.

Leave arms alone and just take a few things off the GCD (sweeping strike, skullsplitter) a lot of older warriors who never really seen high end content just want to see a big crit number cause it looks cool and don’t realize how good our current damage actually is.

4 Likes

At no point did I say my played time is more important. That is your twisted perception of a statement. What matters and is relevant is that I was extremely dedicated and passionate about warriors and played them for a long time. It has nothing to do with your play time or anyone else. I loved warriors and now they are gone.

This is a thread about the future of warriors. Since I was a warrior main it would be nice if they made warriors great again. If they made them into a class worthy of maining again. Think this thread is where I should be. So lighten up Francis.

I want to play a warrior but they aren’t in this game anymore. I have a better chance of playing another MMO and getting warrior class feel to it. So it isn’t about adapting it’s about class identity. If it’s gone then it’s gone. There isn’t anything to adapt too. Just play something else.

Really because I said…

Again If you like warrior great! I never said my opinion was more important that is just you implementing your own insecurities while reading what I wrote. If you guys love the way warrior is great go for it. However I don’t see a warrior class anymore. It’s the reason why I skipped most of Legion and BFA. When something is bad I just leave and do something else. I don’t stick around for something that doesn’t meet my standards and that my friend is a good IRL advice as well.

Warrior the last few years don’t meet my standards. They need design changes for them too. This statement shouldn’t offend you but for some reason it does. Seems like you have some reflecting to do on why you can’t accept my thoughts on class design. Again enjoy warrior if you love em but to me they are gutted and dead.

I was actually thinking that too right after I posted. Deep Wounds is the only reason we’re even competitive in some content, because we’re able to bleed multiple targets.

Could you imagine Arms DPS in M+ without Deep Wounds? Laaaawd. We’d never find groups.

1 Like

I don’t mind deep wounds but maybe our mastery could impact rend as well. I would prefer if they reduced deep-wound damage and buffed our direct damage abilities. Right now they don’t feel as good to press as they should, dont hit hard enough for my liking. Guess we can dream.

1 Like

Why. This would lower our damage by so much.

I regularly get 80k+ MS and 100k+ Executes.

It’s interesting how many say get rid of deep wounds and yet it has been part of our core gameplay since day one.

A history lesson, our deep wounds was based upon doing crits which would cause the target to bleed x damage and yet it was immuned on elementals and most undead targets. It has changed I think for the better.

The only thing they can do with our mastery as being a bleed is have it better tuned from the start. This is the second time they had to make our mastery scale with a high % to do damage as it wasn’t very strong at the start of an expansion.

Are those numbers pve or pvp? Either way that seems very beefy to me so maybe it’s just a gear thing as I’m only at 461. Any chance you can link your warrior for gear comparison? Im just not getting any where close to those numbers in other thsn on dummy.

90% of the arguments here go away if everyone would just turn off their freaking floating combat text and focus on the enemy’s health bar.

2 Likes

You don’t need to get rid of Deep wounds just it should tick for 5k dmg and Mastery shouldn’t buff it. Warriors should go back to actually hitting hard.

Seems like better class design to me.

Is have it directly affect an attack like Mortal Strike. Or Bladestorm even. Go back to warriors being a meat cleaver spec not a lame bleed spec.

Jesus Christ. What?

1 Like

Well it looks like they Fixed Arms Mastery!!! It was hard to ignore the worst designed mastery in the game just about. Now there will be warriors again instead of a stupid bleed spec.

4 Likes

Arms is a blast to play.

But I usually feel like a melee dot class.

It feels weird that our dots do so much more damage than physical attacks.

• T
1 Like

first iteration of Colossus Smash made you ignore ALL ARMOR from target… yeah when it went out we were smashing Guardian Druids like they were paper :slight_smile:

Preach dude. I didn’t even try to play Warrior after seeing the boring rotation and dmg output of bleeds. (I main arms, I will never go to the button smashing mindless fury!)

What ever happened to the big master of arms Orc that hit you for 20-40% of your health with that massive mortal strike and one shot execute?

Yeah arms shouldn’t be a dot spec, would be 100% better if we just hit really really
hard per ability instead of dots.

Meanwhile, Greater Pyroblast and Chaos Bolt exist…

1 Like

Right, and they’re both problems that are getting nerfed in SL. Greater Pyro is being slapped with a 15s cooldown while Chaos Bolt is losing the talent and Azerite Trait that currently multiply its damage so massively. It’s so bad there’s a Beta talent build for Destro Warlocks that goes pure fire damage and doesn’t cast Chaos Bolt at all.

I used to be a Warlock main. I’ve lived that see-saw life where you alternate expansions being stupid OP and nerfed into oblivion. I don’t want to see that happen to Warriors too. It’s not much fun.

1 Like

Really it fits. If you hit something with a sword really hard it will bleed.

Arms has one dot which you don’t need to manage far from a dot spec and the mastery fits.

Slice something hard it bleeds and will cause a deep wounds. Go figure it fits a hard swinging class. “What if ya a mace?” Internal bleeding same thing. Just a deep wound inside of you.

1 Like

Your logic fits, but the problem is gameplay.
With so much damage coming from the passive dot it forces all your abilities to hit for lower amounts of damage to balance it out. This in turn makes you feel like your character is weak (even though the bleed is making up for it) and it gets people to say things like my brother last night, “Execute shouldn’t be hitting for 22k… Why does slam only hit for 9k?” And that’s in 446 gear.

I will say, once we figured out how to make the dot ticks from his bleed show up on the default scrolling combat text, it did make him feel a bit stronger.