I really can't decide between hunter and shaman

I have a goblin shammy, and it was one of the classes I leveled and started playing late in Legion. It was surprisingly fun and will be one of the first alts I level in BfA.

/moo :cow:

Yeh, no it wasnt, 3 buttons and hell boring was ‘My experience’ but thanks for letting me know how I should play and if I should like a character or not.

Shaman for healing, Hunter for dps.

1 Like

I’m late to the party but I hope you see this Grimvald. I leveled my Hunter and Shaman at the exact same time back at the end of Burning Crusade. When Wrath started, my Hunter became my main and I loved it. However, that fun has been eroding and when Battle of Dazar’alor launched I officially retired my Hunter (it was the first I leveled to 120 out of 7). Blizzard has ruined Hunters (in my eyes) by taking my favorite spec and turning it melee, taking BM and making it rely on pets even more than it did before, and by taking Marks and reducing its mobility.

My shaman on the other hand, which only saw limited use in Cataclysm, MoP, and was kept at max level through other expansions, has become one of my favorites of the final 5 if not THE favorite. (Druid, Paladin, Demon Hunter, Monk are the others) I thoroughly enjoy Elemental and I switch between Resto and Elemental a lot as their stat priorities are actually rather close. Even ignoring stat priorities I actually play Enhance a decent amount too.

At least for this expansion, I think shaman is way better. Hopefully, in the future I’ll get my Ranger hero class. Mobile hunters, no pets, and back to using mana =)

1 Like

I’m always an advocate for shaman and elemental is super fun right now. Give it a try because you just might like it. Shaman healing is a lot of fun as well. No matter how good or bad the class may be, I always still have the most fun on my shaman. And it’s not super hard to play which is also a plus for me.

I struggle as a healer. My other healing classes are fine. Shaman just seem to struggle.

With all due respect, Mythic+ is not the only reason people play World of Warcraft. Or any one aspect of the game, for that matter. I haven’t done more than a dozen Mythic+ runs in the last two expansions and I can still get pleasure out of playing classes that supposedly don’t do well in that part of the game.

I have both. Hunter is easier to play. To be competitive as a shaman you’re really trait dependent, if you dont have igneous potential then ele is gonna hit like a wet noodle and same for primal primer for enhance.

1 Like

shaman is more versatile. also more fun. my shaman (ele/resto dwarf and orc) can do just about anything i’d like them to. also enh is more fun than SV. i have an orc hunter as well that i main BM on. it’s fun. for an alt. i don’t think i could ever make a hunter my main though.

Hunter is in a bad spot right now all 3 specs arnt doing well tbh id go shaman.

Enhance is alot of fun, but forget about high keys in mythic or progressing in a raid at higher levels unless you’re in a guild that will support you; pugs will ignore you completely.

1 Like

Druid would work best then ^.^

Tanking is icky. People always looking at you like you are suppose to know what you are doing?! It is crazy scary. I mean, hello? I’m from Moon Guard! If I’m not in the Goldshire Inn, chances are I have no idea what I am doing!

3 Likes

Then you’re doing it wrong.

There are more than four buttons and a heal just for your pet, and that’s not counting the extra heal for you/others if you’re working a Spirit Beast. Then there’s all the other shots the Hunter has.

BM is in one of the best states it’s ever been.

I love having Camo back, and having Murder & Barrage at the same time. The only thing I’d change right now is bringing back snake & explosive trap for all specs.

I keep trying other classes & specs and keep coming back to BM Hunter. Currently have two at cap, one for each faction. It’s the only spec I’ve never found boring.

1 Like

Shaman since you already have warlock 120.
Hunter and warlock are too similar in their play style, with pet tanking and you press skills…I think you are gonna get bored if you play 2 similar classes.

1 Like

Now you have done it! In coming hate mail from warlocks and hunters about how totally different they are!

1 Like

Yes, one can argue and show me how different they are in their own class details but What I am saying here is all about the general overview of their play style that’s all.
And yes some people always hate me, and there will always be some people because I don’t write stuff to please people. I always write what I want to write and it’s obviously impossible to please everyone.

Not likely.
And friend, Im HARDLY the first person to say that beastmaster is a four button snooze fest.
Marksman is fAR more interesting. So glad I talked myself into trying it weeks ago. The only thing better about BM is exotic pets like the little water striders so I can walk on water.

yep you will get denied if you arnt ele.this is the bad meta blizzard has created.

Well until a Gnome can be a Shaman the obvious answer is Hunter.

1 Like