I really can't decide between hunter and shaman

Fair enough. I dont see how shaman feel clunky though. As a whole.

1 Like

If you don’t mind running back to your body a lot, getting the short end of the stick every expansion, and seeing other classes get better versions of your abilities go with shaman.

1 Like

Yeh go warrior like others have said. Hunter I played till 53, pushed 3 buttons in a rotation for 20 hours, most boring time in a video game ever.

1 Like

warrior is fun when it comes to Fury, if you want to be Subpar, play arms.

For variation in so many ways, I really recommend a druid

Cant go wrong with either.
MM hunter is a blast to play, with or without the pet.
All three shaman specs are seriously fun as it gets in this game.

This is true though, despite my last post. Shaman is more involved and has a more clunky engaging rotation. So if you’d find a very simple rotation boring I’d say go shaman. You get to push more buttons for the same result.

That, really.
Shaman definitely is more versatile.

I have an opinion.

You can probably fathom what it might be.

2 Likes

Marksman is a lot better than beastmaster if one likes pushing buttons, for certain. BM is a fourbutton no brainer.
Plus MM can play with or without a pet active without losing a lot of DPS.
Its a seriously fun spec. But yeah…if one wants the variety Id go shaman

Guess I’m just salty because I used to main a shaman back when they were so, so much better.

Hunter.
nuff said.

But elemental is in a great spot right now.

1 Like

Yeah, if that spot is hell.

…one of the top dps specs in the game is hell?

1 Like

I dunno. I guess to me ‘top DPS’ doesn’t necessarily translate to ‘fun to play’.

It also depends a lot, in my opinion, on what you like to do. I find that leveling my Shaman is best in dungeons, and I flip over to my leveling Hunter when I want to do solo stuff.

5 Likes

I dont know how else ele could be more fun.

Icefury, in my humble opinion, is an amazing talent build.

1 Like

Have you ever tried shaman at end game? Tell me how those mythic plus runs go for you.

Yeh go warrior… Hunter I played… pushed 3 buttons for 20 hours, most boring time in video game ever."

Uh… telling someone to not play a class because they have a boring 3 button rotation right after telling them to play a warrior is pretty silly.

I agree with people that say it depends if you want flexibility. One of the biggest draws to shaman is the ability to heal, melee dps, and ranged dps with just a spec change.

If you are set on just a ranged dps, then I’d go with whichever has the more appealing aesthetics for you, as I’ve found that often is what keeps me hooked to one class/spec. I personally love elemental shaman aesthetics, I just got bored of their PvP playstyle. For PvE it is a blast imo.

If you’re set on melee dps, it is a toss up between the two, but I’d again say go towards aesthetics. I think enhancement shaman are pretty neat, but none of their abilities feel very good right now. You often overcap on maelstrom, and get procs on abilities that don’t feel very satisfying to use imo. Then there’s survival hunter, which to me is just cringey because I still can’t accept a melee hunter, and I deeply miss my WoD survival hunter.

Good luck either way!

1 Like

Then you didn’t actually play the “Hunter”. Don’t blame the class when you hardly explored what it has to offer, maybe it was not your cup of tea but “Hunter” is a LOT more than pressing 3 buttons even at lower levels.

2 Likes