I re-did the essence grind on an alt

i stopped caring about the same time that I saw where they come from, I’ve played for many years, but this isn’t playing this is a 3rd job.

Lol this was my alt before 8.2

Nice to see you omitted the Mythic grong kill (the healer check).

Or the 4 heroic Azshara kills.

Keep it up.

Ahh, the ol’ alteroo! EP isn’t hard. If you had done it in the first month, I’d pat you on the back, but it took you eight weeks to get it. Sounds like you paid for yet another AOTC…

4 weeks genius. I remember it well enough. I work on a 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off roster on oil rigs. I came home from work on mythic week, and i got AOTC the last possible chance before I went back to work for 4 weeks.

And yeah, I wasn’t in a rush to get it. I mainly focus on m+.

Ahhh good call! Thought it came out in June for some reason, but that was because I did a lot of beta testing lol.

Looking at the few parses you have, you definitely got carried. Most of your median scores are blue at best. As for M+, you’re only 1500ish… Not looking impressive enough to be telling people to “git gud” lol…

I doubt they’ll touch the system again. It was a fix to make the HoA more useful and it’ll likely be thrown out at the end of bfa just like the (much better done) artifacts were at the end of legion.

Anyone else find it funny that the guy that says he posts on an alt with character specific achievements turned on so he can hide his main is ripping on someone else’s achievements?

2 Likes

I just did table missions on one and I am 59 on her.

Why try to level up your necklace? :rofl:
Too much time wasted for little gain that becomes irrelevant quite fast nowadays ,

Lol healer parses. What a meme. All bar one of those kills you should see a monk in there consistently pulling orange parses. Except the first one which was a pug at 2am when the RL told me to go boomkin, which i suck at, but i was also one of the only people left alive at the end of.

I don’t know if you know this but its kind of hard for a druid to pull high parses when you have a monk in there sniping every heal from ya.

And yeah I’m pushing IO. It’s not the best score ever I know. But I’m working on it. And getting better all the time.

I might take what you have to say seriously if you weren’t posting from an account that has apparently done no BFA content, trying to tell people who are doing BFA content what matters.

If someone is going to go out of their way to talk smack and insult players, they should probably make sure to do so with an alt+character specific achievements enabled… Can’t take the heat, don’t stand in the kitchen, right?

You’re a druid… That should be an easy 90+ for you…

That’s a start. Here’s one better: Try to not resorting to insulting people online. It’s not nice. From the sounds of it, it’s put some warmth under your bum being put in the hot-seat. Not a nice feeling, is it?

Nah, I’ve already shown that the achievements are bugged. It set on character specific, yet it’s showing some of my BFA achievements. Might be an issue with having multiple accounts, I don’t know. Not really worth going out of my way to prove though.

1 Like

zzz and classic why

Yeah its showing curve achievements for Legion content. On a level 90 character. Calling BS.

You mustn’t know much about the current state of the game if you think resto druids are great raid healers. We are great in m+. Decidedly mediocre in raids. Especially when it’s over geared groups farming azhsara for font, when the damage is so low that my hots barely get a chance to do anything before another healer csn top off the damaged player.

imgur DOT com/a/z1JGPEj

Armory says I have 3150 points, in game it says I have 16385 points. It’s definitely set to character specific. Like I said, the armory is bugged.

Armory says I have like 2k achievement pts when I have 19k, but the correct achievements still show. Only the number on the forums and character page is incorrect.

You have a ton of BFA stuff like reps and dungeons showing along with battle.net wide stuff like multiple max character achs showing. None of that displays if you have character specific on.

I think your achievements are displaying everything, tbh.

The fact that they haven’t said anything to indicate that your dream of an account wide essence system, should be an indication that it’s not going to happen.

I can assure you that it’s definitely enabled. There is no way a level 90 could have achievements from later expansions. Like I said, it’s a bug that is showing partially correct information, as in this 90 hunter only has a few thousand points vs the 16k+ on the whole account, but with character specific, it shouldn’t be showing any from later content and yet it’s showing some of it, but not all.

No, if you add up the totals from the actual achievement section of your armory the points equal around 16k. Its showing all of your achievements correctly, just the number is incorrect as it is for everyone.

I’m just now getting close to where I need to be (53) I’d be totally stupid to pick up an alt now. I thought about it for a minute the other day and was like, “think about this, really think about it, that character will need 10 levels and minimum 20 levels of neck” and came back to this character. If it weren’t for the catch up I wouldn’t even be as far as I am on this character, the free 35 really helped as this is my fourth try this expansion (and I’m sticking with it now, I’m fine with that).

Leveling your HoA is super easy these days. I have two 120 alts, one’s HoA is 65 and the other is 60. I will agree that regrinding the essences is annoying but they are such a huge power boost that making them account wide is very unlikely. I wouldn’t mind seeing some kind of catch up mechanic to make regrinding ones you already own easier.

1 Like

Yeah it’s hardly the worst it’s ever been. I’m making about a level a day still at 53, and not even doing many WQs. Maybe every day and a half, not really sure. I just hate retracing my steps on another character, that way always lies unsubbing. If the game didn’t have AP all I’d have to worry about was climbing into a set of Benthic then the character would be on par with this one, pretty much. The way it is that won’t be possible for around a month, good thing I’m pretty into this character and I’m sure I’ll wrap up the expansion with it. No more alts this expansion, I can consider that for the next one. Yes, AP is easy to grind, but keeping up with more than one character means you’re doing all that work literally twice (or even more). It’s not so fun to do it twice every day, imo.