I need to bounce this off of you all. am i wrong to want meta back in blizzards eyes?

Not just i but many have wanted meta back for demo. is it wrong for us to have it? even at the basic level of just cosmetic, what is truly stopping that form coming back to us?

other classes have these things they desperately want back from previous iterations, some of them got it back. for example, priests and there ravens. it wasnt directly what they wanted back but the toy atleast brought back something they wanted desperately. a appeasement was made, should demo not get something similar?
maybe not full meta but what about the demonic energy horns, wings, and pulsing energy?

4 Likes

Nothing. DH and Meta Warlock can coexist.

3 Likes

On the one hand, it was probably a huge mistake for them to use us as a practice run for DH to begin with, but on the other there is probably room to have demo use the flavor of meta to be a ranged dps demon without overlapping DH too much.

4 Likes

No, they cannot.

Thatā€™s not an argument.

Honestly, the main contention I see from DHs is that our old meta had the name and the aesthetic that they saw as rightfully their (i.e. we were stepping on their branding). I have never personlly read one arguing for a battery-type resource model or advocating for the DH to get similar gameplay mechanics as MoP-WoD Demo.

If we were to get it back, it would have to be under a new name (could re-purpose the term Dark Apoth) and have different aesthetics, like instead of growing wings and horns we ā€œhulk-outā€ like Gulā€™dan.

That being said, I donā€™t see us getting that anytime soon. Maybe in future xpacs if they implement additional specs or additional hero specs as lateral progression.

1 Like

Are you wrong to want Meta back? No. Am I wrong to want to never have Meta as a talent/ability for warlocks again? Also No. Never liked the playstyle or aesthetic of it myself. There are plenty of options in game to transmog a look thatā€™s ā€œdemonicā€, but a toy/glyph to add a purely cosmetic thing wouldnā€™t bother me.

1 Like

I donā€™t wanna be a broken record on it, but thoroughly been enjoying it in SoD for tanking. Would love a demonic-form type capability that fights with waves of hellfire and blasting waves of shadow energy to cut things down.

DH leans too much into the physicality for me with glaives and such, I wanna lean hard into the fel energy side of things. On top of that, from an aesthetics point of view Iā€™m not about the ā€˜sacrificed everything for a self-less cause (fighting back the legion)ā€™, Iā€™m more about the warlock thing of ā€˜sacrificing everything for selfish power gainā€™ sort of thing.

Like others have said, donā€™t gotta be Meta exactly if it became more Dark Apotheosis-y. I just wanna turn into a big demon (preference with wings and horns) and tank stuff.

Iā€™m more than fine with Demo being a summoning-centric spec honestly.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cunKaj7ZxA

sorry brain went to that scene.

same but likeā€¦ let us have it back as cosmetic only then. like green fire meta was sooooo cooooool
or the green fire meta energy / dark apothiosis glyph. green wings green horn.