I Need Some Advice

This maybe a long post so if you are not interested in reading it I understand. So i have played video games ever since a was young and have always been ok at them, never any better than good. As of lately I have been thinking of actually trying to be better then good at games. I know some ways to get better but the main problem is that I for some reason refuse to put in the work to get better. Idk if its my mindset or i am just dreading practicing or what. I realize that a majority of the top players of the world don’t get that good over night. It takes an insane amount of time, effort, practice, and film review in order to reach a high level of skill play. Everytime i start a game like COD for example, i tell myself instead of skipping the killcam i am going to watch and see how i died and what i can do to improve. But what happens? i end up skipping it like i usually do and i hate that about myself. Another example, i will record my gameplay if i am playing madden thinking after a few games i will stop streaming and what my previous gameplay to look for flaws. That does not happen, I just keep playing without reviewing my games. Does it have anything to do with my ego? Is my ego the downfall for me? Idk if its instant improvement that i am expecting to happen and when it doesn’t i just quit too quickly. Does creating goals really work? i feel i would make a goal then just avoid it all together, idk why but i just do. Do any of you have any advice for me on what to do? I don’t think i am burned out, maybe i am just stuck.

How is your schooling? Is it done and you have a regular job to fund this gaming ceack?

Hi. Since you ask:

[quote=“Iydraeth-sargeras, post:1, topic:1605060”]
Do any of you have any advice for me on what to do?
[/quote], I won’t be over-stepping by offering this advice,
First, do a thorough web search on the word ‘ego’. Then you can answer some of your own questions.
You ask:

Creating a goal, by itself, doesn’t do much, not for me. With no plan on how to reach that goal, I am likely to shirk the work that might need to be done. Sound familiar? So, try setting a goal and plan how to attain that goal. And, shoot at easy targets, if you work towards something, you don’t have to make it hard work, any work, in the right direction is enough.
This:

is worse than no goal at all, if it results in this:

The time you put into hating on yourself, put into improving yourself, you will get better and feel better. ok, done. luck to you.