I need help to change from 32 bit to 64 bit

I am looking for reasons why WOW has been so choppy lately.
I looked up that one problem is I should be using 64 Bit Launcher & not 32
I did the alt/ctrl/del , Task Manager, and load & behold, I am using 32 bit.
How do I change to 64?
Help pls & ty
:heart:
PS, my computer is 64 bit

Howdy!

We removed 32bit World of Warcraft several years ago; news article Here. If you are experiencing choppy gameplay, I recommend first to figure out if this is a latency issue or performance issue by reviewing our troubleshooting article Here.

During play keep your mouse over the menu icon and see if your FPS drops or latency spikes before or during the choppiness.

Thank you.

Hi, ty for your Reply! :heart:
My Task Manager is showing " Battle.net ( 32 bit ) "
I’m assuming that I am still somehow using 32 bit.

The Battle.net launcher application is a separate product from WoW and has its own tech support forum.

2 Likes

Understood. The Battle.net Desktop app is a basic launcher that manages our games and provides essential voice and chat features. It does not require 64-bits likely would not be the reason for World of Warcraft performance issues.

If you have an older PC, you could try setting the Battle.net Desktop application to close when you launch the game to help rule it out as a factor and free up system resources:

Goto the Battle.net Desktop app → Click on the Battle.net Logo (Top right) → Settings → General → Change On Game Launch to Exit Battle.net Completely → Done. Retest.

If that doesn’t work then the original troubleshooting article in the first post is best. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

2 Likes

Ty for your quick reply.
Ya, I have it to close completely… when I am done playing the game.

Oh, I wonder tho, should I completely close it while playing the game??
I never thought of doing that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.