I Need A Very Specific Macro

Very simple.

I need a Macro that will cast the PvP Talent Heroism on myself and my friend, but only when I have a hostile target. It also needs to be able to put it on myself if I have no friend with me at the time, but still only if I have a Hostile target.

#showtooltip
/cast [harm,nodead,exists][@party1] Heroism; [harm][@player] Heroism

This is the latest thing I’ve tried and it doesn’t work. Any ideas?

You can only test the reaction of the target you’re casting on. You can’t test against your target then cast on someone else entirely.

I think /stopmacro will let you do that.

#showtooltip
/stopmacro [noharm][dead]
/cast [@party1,help][@player] Heroism
1 Like

That worked! I forgot all about stopmacros lol!! Thx a lot!!!

You talk about Bloodlust/Heroism that is cast with the Enhancer Shaman’s PvP Talent Shamanism?
Without trying it out, the PvP Talent’s description states “only affects you and your friendly target”.

#showtooltip
/cast [group, harm, nodead, @party1] [harm, @player] Heroism

Part [1] check, if you are in a Group(any, can be Party or Raid) and your Target is Hostile and not dead(no need to use Exists the Harm deals with that) the Spell will be cast @party1.
Part [2] checks if your Target is Hostile and then casts it at you.

You could add a “[@player]” after the 2nd one so it casts Heroism at you even if you have no target or a friendly target.
Add a “[ ]” instead to cast Heroism even if [1] isn’t true(you’re *not in any party/raid and have a Hostile Target) and you not solo with a Hostile as Target. This would let you use it on any Friendly Target in the World if Warmode is Active.

Yes you can. I use on my Holy Paladin a Macro that checks is my Target Hostile and has a Friendly Target … and then i cast on that Friendly Target a Holy Shock.
Or my other Macro that casts Judgment or Crusader Strike at my Friendly Target if that is Hostile

So yes you can test if a Target is Hostile or Friendly and then cast a Spell on a total different Target, but you have to specify it.
@player
@pet
@targettarget
@focus
@party1
@mouseover
@cursor
@boss1
@arena1
@cursor

Your macro does what mine does, you stop the macro from executing when there is no Hostile Target, or it is Dead, but otherwise it does the same as mine does. Two ways of achieving the same.

But … i not use stopmacros, so you did teach me a little something, thanks for that!

Very nice.

I’ll need to test that as it shouldn’t work.
[added]
Doesn’t work, never casts Heroism on friendly party1 regardless of target conditions. The only way to get it to attempt to cast on @party1 was to duel them while in group with them so they’d become hostile.

Hmm, you did take into account, that normal Heroism … is not cast on someone?

In order to test this, you would need to first pick the PvP Talent, then activate PvP(possible through War Mode) and then … it might work.

But … i am unsure right now, does the PvP Talent change the normal Heroism or do you have an additional Heroism.

The PvP Talent Heroism is supposed to be cast on a Party Member … and then both the caster and his/her target gets a mini Heroism(20% haste) …

I use allot macros that target what i described, target of target, or just @focus … and they all work.
However the spell has to work.

You would first need to make sure the spell can be cast and then check does the macro work.

I was in WM with Shamanism selected.

So, i now finally got around to test this. And yes my macro should work. The only thing that doesn’t seem to work is the harm, @player for some reason. I made this here:

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus, exists] [harm] Heroism(PvP Talent)

And this does work. I was not in a party, just in Stormwind on the backside of the Auctionhouse where Topper McNabb with a few Rats is.
If i target one of the Rats the harm part activates, if i put someone in my Focus the @focus part activates.
For some weird reason you can’t seem to do harm, @player

So in order to do what OP wants:

#showtooltip
/cast [group, harm, nodead, @party1] [harm] Heroism(PvP Talent)

Also one more thing, if @party1 doesn’t work, you can exchange that with @charactername … at least @focus worked for me.

I don’t have a shaman to test with so I tried this macro on my paladin:

#showtooltip
/cast [group, harm, nodead, @party1] Flash of Light; Greater Blessing of Kings

I grabbed a level 20 on a starter account and went out to the deadmaw crockalisks in the river just west of Orgrimmar.

I was unable to get it to cast flash of light. I also tried @focus and @charactername and still always cast Kings.

As far as I know, when you specify a target in a condition then the whole condition applies to that target. My testing here supports that.

This.

Words

I did some more testing, and you are right.
As soon as you specify in the conditionals a target with @TargetX the system checks every other condition against that Target.

That means _[group, harm, nodead, @party1] _ Party1 would need to be harm and in your Party, but isn’t that a logical error? With harm you check your target … and @target is supposed to aim whatever Spell is used at specified Target?
Help me here with the logic, will you please?

@Elvenbane, this here:

You didn’t really explain what is going on here. Sorry but on my end here this post doesn’t make any sense. I am sorry but i am not a native English speaker and not a programmer, so if that makes sense to a Programmer then ok, didn’t to me.

Here the same thing. With my learned knowledge from Sharinthia, it starts to make sense that the macro you tested would work if you are in a Party with the person you duel with and said Party member turns Hostile because then @party1, harm would become true.

But yea, nothing learned from you here today, which is sad.

Means the same thing as this: