I Need a Resource that Tells What Pets are Available by Covenant

Now that I’ve finished Family Exorcist and Shadowlands Safari, I’m trying to ensure that I have all the pets available per Covenant before I switch Covenants.

I’m looking at the “A Sly Fox” achievement.

Playing catch-up is kind of a drag. I don’t even have time to look at all the new pets and consider which ones will be the most useful. It’s been 30 days since I got my 1200 pets achievement. And now I’m up to 1279 unique pets.

Which means I’m averaging 2.63 new pets every day. I’m actually going around catching 2.63 pets a day. And let me tell you something: capturing that .63 pet ain’t easy! I don’t recommend it. It requires some very tricky throwing of the cage during pet battles. Because remember, you don’t want to catch the whole pet, just .63 of it.

It gets kind of messy, too. Blood all over the cage. Disgusting. Nah, I don’t recommend trying to catch .63 of a pet. Just get the whole thing.

1 Like

A lot of the pets are available to all Covenants.

While it’s not perhaps 100% - I don’t know - try filtering on Expansion Shadowlands and typing the Covenant name into the search bar of Rematch.

P.S. Sly isn’t Kryian-only, just collected during a Kyrian Assault.

1 Like

Allthethings addon will show all the pets etc you can get while in the zone / using the main ATT menu, even shows which vendor sells em and if tom tom is installed as well can shift click the vendor name for a waypoint

2 Likes

Best one I saw:

Overview of Collectable Battle Pets and Updates in Shadowlands - Wowhead

3 Likes

So, at the top I have Covenant-Specific ones, then there’s the Renown rewards, but I think it covers that first big wave of pets:

Here’s 9.1:

9.2:

2 Likes

WarcraftPets has a filter for Shadowlands’ Vendored pets. It includes some that don’t have a faction or covenant requirement, but if you CTRL+F the term ‘covenant’ or ‘faction’ it should help highlight specific pets.

There are also dropped (4 of them) and quested (2) pets that are Covenant-oriented.

Dropped:

Quested:

Edit: And 2 Covenant crafted pets:

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone. Great resources here. As I suspected, I missed some in Revendreth, but perhaps it won’t be necessary to rejoin the Covenant to get the ones I missed. There was only one pet available in the vendors in the Covenant. Perhaps the rest is just reknown-related in other factions. And of course, now that I can fly, I can always use a second toon.

And I’m pretty close to done with Ardenweald. One more quest with the Mushroom dude, and I should have sufficient rep to buy the rest.

One more question: If I do bring a second toon to Shadowlands, how much will I have to do before I can join a Covenant and see world quests? I guess if I have to go through everything, at least I can fly this time.

threads of fate or whatever it is called should be available once you arrive in oribos allowing you to skip the story and go straight into it , should be an option when you talk to the first arbiter on the landing platform area

1 Like

Thank you. I still haven’t finished “Unlocking the Secrets” (which allows flying in Zereth Mortis. Should I finish that first?

I would for sure. It’s not that lengthy and not many FPs in ZM to speed up getting around.

One of the Achievements involves collecting 8 or so items that are all over the zone. You definitely want to use Wowhead and TomTom for that one, some of them aren’t easy to spot.

1 Like

I’ll do that, then. The only parts I’ve finished so far are the exploration one and the treasures one.

It’s taking me a long time to get things done, because I’m finding pets and I’m after just the right breeds. I’m keeping a couple of different breeds, but if a Pet happens to come in S/S, then I’m getting that pet. Consequently, I’m throwing out more pets than I’m saving.

By the way, I noticed this some time ago, when I was getting Vile Deathroaches in the Maw. Are all pets now immune to attacks from players? I was trying to clear out a small area to get the Deathroaches to spawn, and discovered that I can’t attack Battle Pets. Is this something new or does it just apply to the Maw or something?

If this is the way Battle Pets are now, I could have used it during the Legion. I was farming pets with Loncis and his stupid artifact attached a small AoE to my Lava Blast, a single-target spell, which killed a few pets I was planning on capturing before I figured out was going on. And it made it hard for me to kill the mobs near Battle Pets, because it took away my “big gun.”

But are all Pets now immune to player abilities? I can’t single shot a Pet with my Hunter (at least I couldn’t in the Maw, and not even Volley worked). But I thought, “Now I can’t clear out the pets so I can get the pets I want to spawn.”

Then I realized, “Oh, yes, I can still kill Battle Pets. It’s just going to take a little longer.”

I’m loving this new Tarachnid Stalker I found. That’s a mean pet!