I multibox a dungeon without software, gonna ban me still?

How about the update that was just made 2 hours ago?

1 Like

Where is the Blizzard policy update that states this? The only one I can find is the original, which bans input broadcasting software. The article that contains the quote above simply points to the official policy which only bans input broadcasting software and hasn’t changed since it was posted.

Read it again after refreshing the page.

1 Like

I did, it didn’t change. The support article is where the quote from the user came from and that same article points to the Official policy update which hasn’t changed since it was posted.

" For more information on our stance about input broadcasting software, see our official news post"

So what am I missing and where is the official policy update? The latest one I see is from November 3rd.

It is mostly academic since I multibox by switching windows (and I have more or less automated that part) but anyone can do that. Using words like streamline and enhance are so vague as to be meaningless. I mean anyone with a programmable keypad, keyboard, or mouse would be streamlining and enhancing their game play whether multiboxing or not :rofl:

I press X for doubt and X is also my perma ban button.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-may-2021/956611/3

Sorry, we’re talking about two different things.

“We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way.”

That’s from Kaivax. You can look it up on the blue tracker on Wowhead. I can’t link it.

“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement. Please note, however, that use of all software or hardware mechanisms used to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multiboxing in any way may result in account penalties.”

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

Thanks for the link. For some reason my google foo failed me. It uses pretty ambiguous wording.

As for me, I’ll continue to multi-box by switching windows and if they ban or suspend me for some reason. Well, I’ve been looking for 15 years for some graceful way to end my WoW addiction :wink:

Personally I doubt they’ll ban anyone that isn’t disrupting/preverting gameplay in some way, but I could be wrong.

Your keyboard and mouse streamlines the basic process of the game. It doesn’t streamline the multiboxing process rofl. If one action creates additional actions for other accounts, that’s streamlining the multiboxing process.

Not true, with programmable keyboards/mice/keypads (even without really) you can automate the window switching. Which enhances/streamlines multi-boxing.

The wording is likely vague so they can use it when they choose to target players they feel are abusing multi-boxing in some way.

P.S. I know a number of people like myself that primarily use multi-boxing for leveling and the occasional dungeon when we outgear it enough :slight_smile: I doubt these are targets for Blizzard’s new push to limit multi-boxing.

2 Likes

Technically WoW video settings helps to streamline multiboxing.

Ban WoW.

You aren’t creating multiple actions on multiple accounts via single actions, thus aren’t streamlining the multiboxing process. Just because you are making the process easier, it doesn’t mean you are mirroring actions. What they are looking for are actions that create additional new actions on other accounts.

They aren’t hitting people because they are using dual monitors or anything that makes playing one account at a time easier to do.

1 Like

They’ve now moved beyond the 1 input 1 output requirement, and are banning any software which facilitates multiboxing and makes it easier.

It’s no longer about 1:1 actions, it’s about multibox helping programs.

No. Stop creating an oppression fantasy that doesn’t exist. They aren’t going to ban you for using dual monitors, keyboards, mice and computers to play your accounts.

That is your interpretation of streamlining. Unfortunately they don’t provide a precise definitiion in the article. I’m assuming they are really just targeting all types of input broadcasting now, including hardware, but leaving the definition vague enough so they can interpret it however they choose. At any rate I’ll continue to operate under the assumption that they way I multi-box is still permitted :slight_smile:

P.S. Window switching multi-boxing, even when partially automated, is much less efficient than input broadcasting to multiple windows.

Funny how all the things you just mentioned are pieces of hardware, but I was referring to software.

Except they did. Anything that mirrors your actions. This means when you create an action, there is software that is creating additional actions on other accounts using that action.

AHEM, all this runs off something called drivers. And without them, you cannot streamline your gameplay using this equipment. Thus is completely fine to include in this response.