I missed PVP templates?

The beginning I think it was capped at 20% more power based on ilvl differences. By the last patch I believe it was 50% i would have preferred 0% differences but it seems many people like having gear in pvp which is why they changed it to this. Im not sure howvthe scaling works now though and how it averages out. And if your bag ilvl affrcts scaling.

It was so much better to not worry about the gear and focus on the fighting.

2 Likes

But swinging it back in this direction where PvE gear is the only thing that matters and there isn’t any progression for PvP gear at all is stupid.

Disable all PvE procs/trinkets in PvP and add vendors that give PvP’s BiS.

Or add templates and allow customization of secondaries.

Either works.

3 Likes

I would like a template bg que with customizable stats and trinket effects please.

2 Likes

Pass. I’d rather have gear matter.

2 Likes

You dont have to join the template que.

1 Like

Well to be honest it makes no sense to make a template que along side a regular one.

2 Likes

Why not. I like playing a game without worrying about gear. You do? So we play different game modes. Seems fair huh?

1 Like

No. Splintering the community even further will not solve anything.

2 Likes

Im already not queing as much I used to. My que times are spent on other games. You would only see people who like the game mode in that que.

1 Like

Okay but that point doesn’t address what I said.

1 Like

Meaning its already a separate community.

1 Like

Not really. Otherwise Legion would have been far more successful on the PvP front. It makes no sense for gear not to matter in PvP. Because at that point what’s the point of even having it?

1 Like

The point is its a reward. But Im not a fan of power rewards. I enjoy cosmetics. So I would be happy to pvp get honor and buy xmog or pets or tabards or stuff to use for wpvp.

You can ask why do I play mmos? Not for gear but for the constant updates, choices and online interactions. The constant gear grind is getting a little annoying. I think they were onto something in Legion they just have to work out some kinks

1 Like

You may think they were but Legion was hands down the worst PvP expansion they’ve ever done. Templates were a mistake. And I’m glad to see them gone. The game needs gear progression. Not cosmetic progression.

2 Likes

I was in Legion. I liked the system. I wasnt queing though because I was focused on getting artifact skins in mage tower. Now we dont have any of that. I have more time to focus on pvp… And I missed out on the system for prioritizing geading alts for mage tower O.o

The gear grind itself takes long but I did manage to casually enjoy pvp as a frost dk in Legion. I think Legion had alot of things to do but pvp wasnt my priority nor does it seem to be as important to the pve aspect of the game which is also sad.

1 Like

Well I played Legion too. I was a PvP only player until Legion dropped where I was then forced to swap over to PvE due to how terrible the RNG gearing was when they removed vendors.

If you liked it, cool! Great! But that’s not how it was for multiple expansions and they swapped it for pretty much no reason. It didn’t raise participation at all. The overall system they had frustrated a lot of players like me who actually took part in PvP.

There’s no reason why someone playing an alt should be just as strong as someone that queues up regularly and pushes rating in arenas/rbgs

2 Likes

Ehh I guess we have ideological differences.
I tend to focus on the strategy and skill aspect of the game. Not doing a checklist and rng rewards from group activity to determine player strength.

I like games like overwatch were skill determines gameplay. I used to dig the gear grind but its annoying to gear toons every couple of months again just to do the same spells with different gears.

3 Likes

And I prefer the Dark Souls/DnD mentality. Where your character actually grows and gets stronger over time instead of being at the relatively same amount of strength throughout an expansion. I want to go on a journey. Not already be at the destination.

1 Like

I prefer having a good fight! With capable team mates.

1 Like

Pvp templates, with secondary stats that you could control the allocation for, and perhaps get additional secondary stats based on your item level or honor level, but nothing ground breaking.

1 Like