I miss MoP arms

Back in MoP, arms was a smooth spec to play. Mortal Strike was a big hit, but it was a rage generator. Colossus Smash was on a short cooldown, and Slam was the big deadly hit of the rotation; when you didn’t have the rage for Slam, you used Overpower. And, Storm Bolt was a hard hitting, direct part of the rotation. I could do without the banners that plugged up my hotbars, but the spec was a blast to play and very, very competitive in damage. Oh, and we had reforging, so having lopsided, unworkable stats was far less likely.

I don’t know what it is about current Arms, but I just cannot make it work and it depresses me. I haven’t been able to play Arms ever since the beginning of WoD.

5 Likes

i had a macro in mop that would pop every cd and bladestorm and they werent on gcd :*)

Could be that you are 428 ilvl when Emissaries, weekly, PVP, LFR, mythic 0 and up, all drop higher gear. I don’t think you actually play Warrior right now.

What I mean is, what exactly isn’t working if you clearly aren’t doing much in the way of content? Maybe you are comparing yourself to players or specs you shouldn’t be, I don’t know but it seems your statement lacks substance. What is your goal and how is it not being met?

Everyone misses mop

6 Likes

I tried to do more content, but I can only seem to pull off 13k dps at the most, which…isn’t going to ingratiate me doing any other content and doing solo content becomes much more difficult. I can do much better as Fury but Fury is sub-optimal right now and I can play classes like Ret Pally, Elemental Shaman and Havoc DH which…leads me to not playing Warrior. And it’s depressing, because Warrior was my first love in this game. My goal is to get better, if possible, without using third party tools.

Arms plays pretty smooth right now outside of like 2 abilities.

At your ilvl with a bunch of green essences, there is no real point in comparing dps output. At this point you should focus on gearing at least to normal/emissary gear levels and maxing out your essences.

It is highly unlikely you are getting any real comparison between different specs as your gear level is extremely transitory. Even if you are comparing actual similarly geared characters with comparable essence and trinket options, it is absolutely certain that different specs will perform better in different gearing windows.

Arms is really simple at low gear levels. Mortal Strike on CD, Overpower on CD, don’t rage cap, don’t empty your rage completely. Pool rage right before execute range. In execute rage use execute instead of Mortal Strike. Colossus Smash(Warbreaker) on CD.

Don’t worry about trying to get high stacks of ToM. You can worry about that when you are trying to do heroic/mythic raids and want to do leet dps.

MoP arms was one of my favorite specs. That and MoP SV

Four button spec with all of it’s cooldowns in a single macro. Basically a Demon Hunter.

Ok, in which case it almost behooves me to abandon the Test of Might trait entirely; I got some new gear today; unfortunately RNG didn’t bless me with Test of Might traits. It did, however, give me Gathering Storm traits, so that’s what I’ve stacked for the moment.

Visions have proven easier as Arms than as Fury. Go figure.

Cata DS arms was probably the most engaging. Most “raiders” couldn’t figure out the macros tho.