I miss good customer support

I remember buying the wrong conquest piece in Warlords then having a GM say that they did the same thing then removed the item from my bag before my eyes and restored the conquest.

5 Likes

Never underestimate how much worse your problem and overall dissatisfaction can become when you open a ticket.

Unless it’s really, really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY something you MUST absolutely MUST open a ticket for… then spare yourself the agony and just bite harder on whatever bullet you’re chewing on. You’re better off.

:neutral_face:

5 Likes

Customer satisfaction doesn’t pull a profit so…guess what gets cut for costs.

4 Likes

costs money. subs havent been increasing but wages have. and inflation.

Killing the phone line means ‘we’ as customers have significantly less opportunity to lie, yell, intimidate/threaten, beg/bargain, blackmail, etc. Less chance of language/accent related screw-ups too.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see that kind of support change become more common amongst some of the more volatile industries at least.

2 Likes

Blizzard isn’t exactly a positive example these days in public relations after the numerous controversies and lawsuits they’ve been smeared in.

2 Likes

I’ve actually never had an issue with customer support.

had a problem with flying not unlocking after I earned pathfinder so I submitted a ticket and I got a quick and friendly response from a GM and it was fixed.

I remember not being able to find the frostwolf wolf on the vendor and not only did the GM make sure it was there, they teleported me right to the vendor, and then they gave me a little pet. Meant a lot to a newer player.

3 Likes

The phone system was a great in some ways. Humans to talk to! However it was supposed to be for Billing, Account Access (passwords. email change, country change, etc), and some tech support.

BUT people called it for all manner of reasons. To submit suggestions, to ask for game hints (Not something GMs are allowed to do), to complain, to appeal bans, to get a GM joke, etc.

End result is it clogged up the lines. Getting into the queue meant redialing many many times, then the queue was 2 hours long. Enter cell phones. They did not like to be on hold and disconnected. Further, it eats minutes being on hold.

End result, they got rid of the dial in and set up a triage system.

They DO have Live Chat and Phone Callback but only for the issues that are supposed to be handled by them.

CS does not support just WoW. They take tickets from every Blizzard game and service.

A better idea of what GMs can handle you can read up on what GMs can do, and can’t do.

1 Like

People are going to people. A hotline is just a complaint center attached to everything else.

twitches ears

Same here, and not just from Blizzard. Verizon: 10 mins with an automated robot just to talk to a person. Spectrum: 15 mins of: “If you want to reach tech. support…beep. Just so I can help you, please tell me what you’re calling ab…” OMFG.

National Grid: "If ur kawling bout some stuff we broke, like, hit 2 or something…30 mins later “So, did you want to like, report something?”

That’s cool! Do you still have the pet?

I sure do and it is special because it was one of the first pets I received in the game.

1 Like

I dunno man, every time I’ve encountered customer service with Blizzard they’ve always been prompt and quick, even by phone.

I guess I just get lucky?

They gave me a core hound pup, like way back and now it’s gone for some reason. I’d love to have that one back.

1 Like

Be honest – would you hang out with the same people who will jump all over you if you don’t give them the answers they want to hear?

Core hound pup is a reward for attaching an Authenticator to the Bnet account. If you remove the Authenticator, the pet goes away until you put a new one on.

1 Like

Customer support was fine for me last time I submitted a ticket. Maybe you just need to be more specific and provide more details to get better support?

Ahh, thanks for the info on that. I no longer have my authenticator, so that explains it.

1 Like

Customer support now is actually awful. And they will spite u too for it. Just sad to see. :frowning: