I miss classic era

I wish it was more popular but with wrath coming out it seems like it will stay deserted. And after playing this prepatch I realized how much I prefer classic over wrath

12 Likes

Yeah. After playing WoW Classic, and then progressing, I realize how much I liked it over literally every expansion that came after. Some people complain about class balance, but I think that Vanilla is simply my favorite class flavor.

Still though, I’m enjoying the pre-patch so far, and am still pretty hyped about WotLK with the guild.

5 Likes

There are still folks playing Classic Era, even if Blizzard’s mishandling of the realms has left its players scattered across Azeroth. You can find communities in various stages of development from leveling, dungeon-questing , prebis farming, and raiding progression/farming.

4 Likes

What server can you find that on?

1 Like

I made a couple posts in the above linked thread on this exact topic. I would encourage you to have a look through it but some of the big takeaways are:

• Classic Era realms are now connected based on timezone/server type, commonly referred to as ‘clusters’

• The NA PvE East cluster realm of Mankrik receives free PvE transfers

• The NA PvP West cluster realm of Whitemane receives free PvP transfers

• All NA Classic Era clusters are in the same battlegroup, hence queues for instanced PvP Battlegrounds are the same no matter where you play

I myself play on one of the smaller PvP clusters in the East. We’re still mostly leveling but have recently broke into UBRS for the start of our ‘raiding’ progression. If you have any questions, ask away!

3 Likes

Vanilla was clearly the superior version of the game. It will make a comeback once Blizzard starts figuring out that thousands of people enjoy season/ladder resets, and start rolling out freshes that way every 6 months or so.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree classic was great the way it was.

1 Like

It’s not deserted. I rejoined last week with a fresh level 1. I joined a leveling guild that does MC/ZG/AQ raiding with other guilds and have already completed full runs for RFC and WC (level 22 atm).

If you play guildless, you’ll have trouble getting dungeons done, or probably any group content.

2 Likes

What server are you on? And is it east or west ?

1 Like

I’m on the US pve server. They are all connected now so I don’t think it matters which one you pick. Mankrik is the main server in the group, so that’s the one I joined.

You need to understand these are mature servers… 25 to 30 pct of all characters are level 60. This means that there is not a lot of people open-world leveling. You will see them, but not enough to build dungeon runs with. It’s a lot like how Vanilla was when I started sometime after the AQ patch.

I cloned my mage i can come join what server be popping im dirty lil ally gnome just fyi

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, there are 2 NA PvE Classic Era Clusters:
[East] Ashkandi, Mankrik, Pagle, Westfall, and Windseeker
[West] Atiesh, Azuresong, Myzrael, and Old Blanchy

Mankrik is the realm that Blizzard has designated to receive free transfers from other Classic Era PvE realms, hence it will naturally be the largest.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I chose Mankrik because it seemed like that will be the long-term Classic era server.

Hopefully post wrath they don’t decide to move further on with the expansions. I would say just play P servers for a year and then when wrath ends hopefully they rererelease vanilla and the servers won’t be deserted at all!

1 Like

Its still there.

Once the Wrath dust settles and the beginning of the end becomes obvious things should pick up for Era. How much so is still an open question.

Even so, there are small communities to be found for fans of the horde or the alliance.

2 Likes

I’m betting after Wrath there will be a reason for more people to go back to vanilla era. I know I will be returning at some point.

1 Like

yup. nothing beats good ol’ vanilla.
it’s gonna take a few months for people to burn themselves out on the crappy game that is wrath
good time to take a WoW break

I’m thinking of rolling either on mankrik or white mane. Both seemed to have people online leveling or raiding

There is still activity on the Classic Era servers.

2 Likes

I will probably transfer to whitemane when SoM officially ends. I bet it’ll be pretty good.

2 Likes