I made enhance a 3 button spec

Heres the macroes if you want to try them out.

Rockbiter and fury of air.

/castsequence reset=combat Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Fury of Air, Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Rockbiter

Stormstrike crash lightning

/castsequence reset=5 Crash Lightning,Stormstrike,Stormstrike,Stormstrike,Crash Lightning

enchants and lava lash

/castsequence reset=7 Flametongue,Frostbrand, Lava Lash, Lava Lash, Lava Lash, Lava Lash

Bonus Totem Mastery

/castsequence reset=7 Feral Lunge,Counterstrike Totem(PvP Talent)

2 Likes

i use similar macros just because i’m lazy and hate too many buttons. i called them my lazy dps macros. =]

Thanks buddy, will try it out.

i use gnome seq and just spam one button for my attacks and put my cds on another macro even eaiser.

is there any point to Flametongue with enhancement shamans be about the bottom of the dps pool?

Not using abilities that you should be using certainly won’t pull you up from the bottom.

4 Likes

It already feels like a 3 button spec.

Sure you hit other buttons, but it feels like the same three. At least if you play easy mode like I do. Rockbiter, flametongue, and either lava lash or stormstrike.

@Rooktoe Give the Primal Primer build a try. It gives you a few buffs to keep track of, and has more depth than the normal “spam stormstrike” build.

To OP & some others, I don’t recommend cast sequence, or using gnome sequencer enhanced to make 1 button spam macros. It’s certainly easier than binding every ability, but your performance will suffer.

1 Like

I’ll look into it, my enhance that I don’t play anymore is also the class I have pathfinder done on…ugh.

2 Likes

hmm can you create a video showing how you use those macros wondering about the output. meaning how much dps do you see when you use them in a patchwork fight.

The Primal Primer build is infinitely more interesting than anything else Enhancement has to offer.

Unfortunately, they nerfed it the second it became competitive, so it’s in a sort of weird place where I’d have to have a completely different set of Azerite Gear, completely different Talent Setup, and completely different Stat Priority on standard gear, just to have a build that’s only slightly better in Single Target and worse in AoE.

It’s a much higher skill floor and cap than “standard”, yet it flips the entire spec on it’s head for basically no overall gain and you’d be expected to maintain both builds anyway if you want to min max. Also it’s bad for Mythic+.

It’s unfortunate because Elemental is the opposite, it’s “go to” build is the interesting and complex one. Enhancement’s is braindead slop. Edit: I guess Ele AoE is still pretty whatever so scratch that. Not sure if they have to aim at a different stat priority and such for it or not though, I play Enh/Resto.

1 Like

I hear you. I’ve tried various combos of az traits and builds and enjoy the PP build the most. My ST sims over 25k with PP build, which is 1.5k higher than any other combo I can piece together. For m+ trash weeks, I swap from Totem Mastery to Forceful Winds and 1 PP for Roiling Storm for my optimal aoe setup (with my available gear). Even though I have several pieces with Roiling Storm, Thunderaan’s Fury, and Lightning Conduit, I don’t sim higher by switching to full on SS spam build (even for Hectic Add cleave).

I was bummed when I saw the 30% nerf to PP, which happened at the same time as my other favorite trait, Strength of Earth (Boulderfist, Landslide, Sundering, and Earthen Spike build). So both builds I used most frequently were nerfed at the same time, which was disappointing.

So now I stick with PP build, and make some slight tweaks for heavy AOE as needed. I think people that are bored with the “3 button build” may want to give it a shot.

Been playing around with PP build in pVp some. It’s kinda limited because you have to have 3x pack spirit and I’m having a crappy time finding decent az pcs for it. The idea is using HH/FFW/Sund/ES along with PP/AR/TF for epic 1m blood lusts using Sundering as your finishing cc. You want to burst with FS out but it isn’t necessary. Even in my shamans crap gear you can erase someone in cap stun/sund if you get the right buffs.

But then I die because I’m not in bear… I mean ghost wolf.

Still an interesting build though.

Most specs is easily a 4 button rotation with a occasional 5th. CDs can be keybound to a shift macro of the same buttons you use to attack. Using GSeq or Castseq will not make you better. Just worse.

you can probably get away with using only 3 buttons on most classes nowadays.