I made a Holy Paladin for the first time

Hey! So, here’s what happened.

• I bought Shadowlands pre-order and got a boost to 50
  • I used on a paladin. I never touched it again, only used it to buy this t-mog that I am wearing and it’s my favorite in the game.
  • So I was doodling between a few characters and thought 'Wow, I never gave Pallies a chance and they are a pain in the *ss on PvP."
  • I also remembered one time that a Paladin sieged Stomwind (she was a Zanda Holy Pally) and killed several 60s and left unharmed

So I created Galliardo and did one RDG.
It was a fiasco!
My friend said 'okay bud, here’s the Paladin Holy 101 Guide - your focus is to DPS more than everyone else to farm Holy Power"

I tried to do that and we wiped 3x until I left out of shame from the DG.
So my question is - in early game (RDG) and End Game (Raids) should I be a DPS Holy Pally or focus on my healing? I want to improve and main this pally until Dragonflight. And I am very amateur, at least for now. So, I ask for your guidance.

Btw, I am posting on my pally but I will reply your provided help on my main account. ^^

Dps Holy Pally is the only Holy Pally to be now.

You HAVE to get holy power via crusaders strike/etc. for word or glory or you will not be able to adequately heal.

It’s a shame for people who liked just healing since y’know, they’re a healer. But it’s the way Blizzard wants it.

1 Like

Thank you Hakyoku.
I will get used to it then. I kinda like the atmosphere behind the class (a healer that’s also a DPS? I believe that Monks share the same vibe?)

1 Like

Yeah MW also has dps healer in the form of Fistweaving. But they have it as an option via talent + legendary, while still being able to mistweave naturally if they choose.

H Pally is more locked into dps healing.

At lower levels, you can do the hard casting healer, and then when you start getting talents and getting into the higher levels you can move more towards being a melee healer. Talents such as Crusaders Might, which reduces the CD of holy shock by 1 sec, the main core of the melee paladin kit.

1 Like

Made by arguably one of the best hpals since I’ve been playing the game (start of bfa) : Ellesmere

1 Like

Thank you Jambo and Avha.

2 Likes