I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

yeah I like dwarves, but recognize they really arent that popular in 2023.

19 Likes

To be fair, the foxes are cool. And even for people who don’t like them you got to admit they’re at least a new race, not just an existing race with new cosmetics, like mechagnomes or Highmountain Tauren or Earthen Dwarves.

68 Likes

High elves are already in the game as blood and void elves.

77 Likes

I really hope that’s not all there is.

There are already 2 dwarf races. Its obvious the person that had final say hasn’t listened to anyone.

28 Likes

Instantly deflated any excitement I would have had about a new expansion.

Reskinned dark iron dwarves … and here was me excited for Metzen coming back but they’re just as out of touch with what players would like to see than ever.

65 Likes

I’m stoked for the Earthen, personally.

Dwarves are awesome.

32 Likes

I’ll die under that mountain with you.

24 Likes

Dwarves are cool, but we have dwarves. There are many other options but they would have required work. Typical easy road taken by doing a reskin.

42 Likes

You already have them tho

22 Likes

I feel like Blizzard felt like they needed to add something, and the Dwarves were already going to be in game… so, Dwarves it was.

And to be clear, thunder dwarves are nowhere near as cool as Dark Iron Dwarves… So why are they getting added as a new race and not just as customization options?

As other people have said, the community has wanted other options… this is a bit confusing.

21 Likes

Getting another dwarf race as an allied race is so underwhelming.

“Yeah! Horde players will be able to be DWARVES though!!”

Like it matters?? People from both factions can be in a guild, party and raid together.

28 Likes

Ikr, where’s my neutral Goblin allied race blizzard?! where’s my Tuskarr?!

12 Likes

The crowd was mostly silent on most things they said and the little noise there was sounded forced/strained. It did not help that they showed one guy screaming horde and then quickly for the alliance again which means they had people planted in the audience to cheer ala Bill Maher’s show.

12 Likes

Yeah, you make a good point and the thing is… I don’t want thunder dwarves on the Horde. I wanted Dark Iron Dwarves, because they fit with the Horde and they’re interesting and cool…

If they’re the only new allied race, I will be kind of upset.

14 Likes

I love the look of the new Earthen and am excited to make one. I like the dwarves but these have much cooler options.

5 Likes

At the very least I expect a lot more customization for VEs.

9 Likes

Yeah…they could of given us ANYTHING else but a neutral race of dwarves is not what I wanted to see. We’ve got enough dwarves as is we don’t need more of them… I mean they could of given us furbolg or gnolls and I’d of been okay with that or the tuskarr…but…stone dwarves that literally could of just been an option for the other dwarves… is beyond lazy

25 Likes

Neutral Allied Race that has some very unique looks compared to regular dwarves.

Seems fine to me. Nothing else made sense.

9 Likes

My thoughts are simple.

War Within would’ve been a great time to give the Dwarves some Earthen customizations, the Trolls some Proto-Troll customizations, and introduce the Sethrak as an Allied Race (neutral even makes sense for them to a degree).

Midnight would be a great time to add Ethereals as an Allied Race, but if they added Earthen to TWW, then it’ll probably be High Elves for Midnight. Speaking as someone who has wanted High Elves as a playable race… it’d be a bad idea. Midnight taking place in Quel’Thalas means it should 99.99% be devoted exclusively to the Blood Elf narrative, which has survived off of breadcrumbs since BC. I’ll also reiterate what I’ve said before, but one of the key defining narratives for High Elves in the setting, was putting Quel’Thalas below something else on their list of priorities. Old Alliances, family, mana veganism, whatever, for the High Elves, Quel’Thalas was not #1. Giving them any kind of presence in Midnight in Quel’Thalas is going to feel like a step backwards in their narrative.

11 Likes

The earthen…can grow hair?

13 Likes