I love you but

I’m not excited about the idea and 100 is as low as I would be willing to go

*also, it would have to be under the pretense that they are capping at 100 and moving into another progression system past that. I’m tired of gaining and feeling powerful, only to be squished back to Newbville because of a fundamentally flawed system of inflation

Levels doesn’t mean anything anymore. Either you’re maxed out or not. I wish we can go back to being an actual RPG, I really do, but Blizzard has decided that’s not what they want to do.

Well, that’s true with scaling. I would love if they removed it. It really killed the game, imo.

3 Likes

True, they did make those changes. But those changes were made, but ot never really addressed the core problems. Some players didn’t like not being able to finish a zone before moving on to the next expansion’s zones. People thought leveling took too long, so the reduced the amount of xp needed. All of these were surface level soulutions, that were made in response to separate concerns, and failed to address the core issues. Basically, they addressed one symptom of the problem, and then moved on to the next without ever fixing the underlying cause. Will a level squish solve the problem? I thinknit can if done properly

Then there are the one’s that think levels don’t mean a thing any more. You never get stronger, you only get weaker, you never out level any thing in the zone you are in. If you go to a zone at the lowest level and it takes, you let’s say, 3 shadow bolts to kill a wolf and you go back at max level for that area it still takes 3 shadow bolts to kill a wolf, What was the point of the levels you gained?

They can squish us down to level 10 or make us level to level 130, but as long as scaling is there and you never get stronger and get weaker, esp in BFA. What’s the point of all the levels you worked to get.

Part of me hates the loss of my 120 levels…after all, I worked for them. But, when I start to level a fresh toon…here is when I start to hate those 120 levels. I get to 50, 60, 80 and then 90…and I want to shoot that toon in the head.

I’m not against the leveling system. I’m not one of those that thinks it should EVER be eliminated. Levels are important, needed. But they also can’t keep going like they are. Next xpacs can’t keep going to 130, 140, 150. It’s going to HAVE to stop somewhere, and yeah…maybe, it’s getting close to time to start considering this level squish.

Though I haven’t been following this real closely. Those are just some of my thoughts of what I am seeing. I personally am ok with a squish, or not. It’s whatever, I guess. I just know they can’t keep adding levels forever, and they can’t just cap it at 120 either…so regardless, a squish is most likely coming one way or another.