I love classic wow but please dont make it Retail 2.0

And…?

It is funny, aside from the change of removing dungeon finder all they have to do to make classic wrath successful is mostly nothing not already know.
1: make event longer, more impactful or something players can accelerate the victory of.
2: have a long prepatch to give players a chance to level dk and touch up their character while having new talent trees and glyphs.
3: dont change racials or remove them in bg/arena play in any stage.
4: Coast off the popularity of wrath and let the players get achievements all while not releasing phases too soon as cata while it is alright does’t overshadow wrath as wrath overshadows tbc. Tbc is sort of considered wrath waiting room while cata classic would just be a neat thing if added.
5: If cata is added allow for wrath classic era and stuff.

I am not sure the problem, perma-naxx is not a bad thing at all. Naxx-vanilla is a good raid and doing naxx lvl 60 with all dps/tanks having their kt weapon, bis, and mark of the champion is gameplay.

tbc era/wrath era seventy twink will be sunwell. and wrath classic will be whatever the achievement people want is.

its boring

Do you have more to go on, like examples?

cope harder with your frostbolt macro. Maybe you’ll get a lucky crit and parse!!!

That is a player choice.

SOme like me do open world stuff while we wait. Always something to do. Callings for gold, mats, etc. Hell I could even hit legion and go wth…I am 1000 away from a paragon. Still ain’t got that magic carpet from nightbourne…it could be this paragon cache. So I work off that 1000.

why lfd is wanted. on a 9.2.5 thing last week I hopped on leveling alt. Alt is in legion. LFD wasn’t finding a match for legion. Slow night I guess.

Dumps me over to all dungeon list. And I got a wrath dungeon pickup. cleared. crew was solid we stayed to auto re-queue atal/dazor. Cleared. back to legion questing after not skipping a beat. The game is a buffet and I hit a few stations on it really.

2 dungeons I’d not see no lfd. Well I could. I could /dance by them for an hour and hope someone shows up. And it only be the wrath one. you can take the boat to that and walk it from there.

BFA in chromie time is locked out if you chromie legion. that portal doesn’t work till level 50 if chromie locked to non BFA zones.

This char in classic has 3 choices. /dance by monastery. /dance by razorfen. or kill lots of trolls and animals in stranglethorn.

No 30 to 40 dungeon in the jungle you see. Quest or dungeon…there is no in between. As not all crew have locks for getting stoned you see. And I am dps. Not too many wait for 10 minutes of travel time for dps.

If monastery takes an hour for pickup…I do nothing for an an hour. As I am not burning arrows killing trash mobs the whole hour lol.

That’s cool but I’m happy if they don’t add it.

WOW Classic, BC Classic and Wrath Classic are not “Classic” at all.

First, the community that existed and played these games properly are not playing them now. They are busy in retail, the real WOW.

Second, the devs have changed dozens of things in each of these “classic” games that essentially make them completely different experiences.

Third, no matter what you accomplish in these “classic” games - it does not matter. A realm first in any of these DOES NOT match a world first in retail. Bosses are easier, systems are tweaked, etc.

This cannot continue. Eventually, these classic players will want to progress past whatever expansion they are in. People wanted Vanilla only. A year later, they begged for BC. A year later, they begged for Wrath. All these people can enjoy ALL expanions in retail. Yes, some of the patch events are gone but any player can enjoy the other 99% of each expansion on retail.

Soon players will cry about wanting Cata, then MoP and so on. What makes these expansions special is that the patch events happen when they are live and then the remaining content is there to go back to at any time - forvever. So there is no need to have any WOW except for RETAIL WOW.

Otherwise this is a rabbit hole leading to nothing but more bitter, jaded players. Its a Welfare WOW. Made for those who didnt spend the time over the last 15 years. With character boosts as well, no one has to earn anything. WOW is not supposed to be easy. It is supposed to take time and be played across a few years, not rushed in a few weeks.

I miss when Blizzard cared about the integrity of the Gameworld rather than finding ways to make people skip and rush and have easy mode.

Classic Era is Classic. TBCC/WOTLKC are retail progression servers.

2 Likes

To many things to list.

Trouble is that no one can really point to the one feature that “ruined” WoW (but that won’t stop people from trying). A lot of things culminated in an experience that lost players along the way. Resisting the introduction of convenience design is the best call here. It allows WoW to offer two distinct gameplay experiences that target two different sorts of player.