I lost my Soul because of a random

I was questing so carefully, get invited to a group by a bear druid… he ask me to help him kill an elite… it’s 2 levels higher than both of us… we would have easily killed it but he panicked and pulled 4 additional mobs and this altercation was in a cave so i couldn’t run away.

Basically I’m never trusting a random again

10 Likes

This didn’t take long.

4 Likes

Yeah so now I have to start over… I’m so mad

TBH… I’d level a toon to 60 then feed an alt BoE gear and what not. It’ll be way easier to get the second toon to 60 in one piece.

3 Likes

You are to blame. The correct way to play with Soul on is only fighting green mobs. You chose to partake in a very risky situation and got what was coming to you.

18 Likes

I don’t think the OP was shifting blame.

The right way to do things is subjective.

4 Likes

You’re correct, I saw the elite but ignored it…I only had confidence to challenge it when a tank offered to help me, and I a shaman could clearly off heal.

Instead he runs at it instead of pulling it back and therefore pulling additional mobs.

5 Likes

Those are big red flags right there even solo. But yea you learn.

7 Likes

An iron man mode on a MMO is just stupid. It’s only a matter of time before your internet pulls the plug in the middle of a fight then you log back in to a corpse. Other players can also get you killed with no fault of your own, so you’d basically have to avoid dungeons and anything dangerous.

A better idea would have been to make the game harder, but not necessarily “no deaths.” You could have limited to gray items, never use talent points, something like that.

10 Likes

I’m trying to get it on a pvp server so I can be an elitist jerk

7 Likes

For some reason I thought you couldn’t group with soul of iron… it actually seems like doing this as a group makes it much, much easier.

Well, if you exclude random pugs who panic and overpull, that is :wink:

1 Like

dude that’s awesome. Hope you’re like an engineering druid or something. Good luck. Would love to see an update if you pull it off.

2 Likes

Yeah no grouping with randos while I’m working on my Soul of Iron. No entering instances either.

1 Like

Pro tip to any readers, dont accept a group invite if you’re doing hardcore. You will get layered, and possibly murdered by some mob on top of you.

6 Likes

Just learn to say “no”.

So you made an obviously terrible decision, experienced the logical consequences of such poor decision making, and then came here to complain. Nice

never trust an elf!

what level u lose it?

im doing it with my brotehr and so far it’s really fun. he had to restart aftre runnning througha pack of murlocs at level 8, but since then, it’s been all good.

1 Like

Not one bit of his post was complaining. He simply shared his experience.

3 Likes

Clearly the OP and your parents are guilty of the same thing, then.

3 Likes