I like when items become no longer obtainable

I feel like this is a good thing but most people argue against it.

I don’t have elite pvp transmogs or challenge mode transmogs, and never will but I like that other people do. I admire what they’ve earned.

Doesn’t more stuff like this add to the individuality of toons? The less we can copy or look alike, the more we are unique.

I once saw a guy with a Naxx 40 Ashbringer AND blue Icebane Set, I mean, how awesome is that for him? I am happy for him. Literally nobody will ever look like him, I think that’s so cool for him. What a lucky dude to actually have gotten all that gear and then kept it in his bank for so many years until transmog came out.

I am curious if you disagree with me, how come? I’d like to hear credible reasons. It is mostly because of jealously of what other people have and you don’t so therefore you want it too, or what? Please win me over I’m interested in expanding my point of view!

6 Likes

I just created a new Dracthyr and looked through all my mail transmogs and saw I barely had anything, which is annoying as I used to main a hunter since vanilla…and it is obvious I didn’t really keep anything to mog later on…

Priest main these days so I have plenty of cloth stuff but If stuff is unobtainable when you used to have it that kinda sucks.

1 Like

Yea I agree there. Blizzard should have some sort of record keeping of pre-Transmog era and auto reward people anything they ever had.

1 Like

I have all the mail mogs I achieved on an alliance hunter which was my first toon 12 years ago, and haven’t played the character in 8 yrs… all show up on a horde Draks, mail inventory, but unfortunately, it’s all ugly and outdated.

1 Like

It does. I rock the original defias set.

There’s nothing wrong with having purely cosmetic items become unavailable when there’s literally hundreds of other options.

The only ones who kind of got boned is druids as their aren’t hundreds of options.

That said. I’m wholly against them removing content like Orbos or the legendary ring quest line in wod (like that expac wasn’t starved enough on content as it was…)

2 Likes

Yeah… they really ought to add the MoP and WoD legendary questlines bacl. Those were pretty cool.

1 Like

I wish. I’ve had multiple accounts in different regions eu/na/oce and all of them lost to hackers and moving countries.

This is my 4th acc and is only Legion old. I wish I could have many things I’ve lost but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

To the OP I agree that some gear should be exclusive/hard to earn. It’s what drives most things in society for people to get better so it applies here to. People want to shine more than others.

Id have to disagree anything i have that others cant have now i wish they could have and enjoy it as much as i do

2 Likes

I 100% agree. The game is basically about becoming a legend. If you even manage to only get gladiator once in your lifetime. It still means you became a legend of that era. And your gear shows it. Even though I hated SL I have a death knight that has the season one glad mount. And to have a DK that literally has the mount that’s on the frostmourne. Along with the SL weapon enchantment Mog. Like I’m one of the only DK’s that look like this and it functions really well with DK lore. Actually I liked Final fantasy online more than this game. But I came back to this game specifically because they brought back event things I specifically thought I earned just for me. In final fantasy it’s impossible to become a legend and that’s sad. :slight_smile: that’s literally the one thing wow will always have going for it.

How so? Sorry for the delayed response but now I’m curious

To be honest it’s been a long time since I’ve been on the forums so sorry for the delayed response myself. I don’t really remember where my mindset was when I wrote that comment but I’m guessing it’s because in final fantasy every transmog is attainable aside from cait sith.