I know, I know, don't give them ideas, but

Blizz, if you put a tinkery, engineeringy, mechanicy mog set in the shop I will buy it. I’m not a big fan of the cash shop, but I will buy it.

It’s gotta have moving gears though, and blinky lights and that kind of thing. Like the gnome set but different (obviously). I’d prefer it be more on the clean side than on the junk side of engineering too. Maybe there’s a middle ground between gnomish and goblin engineering.

But yeah, if you put in a set that makes me looks like an engineer or a tinker or whatever you want to call it, I’ll buy it. You know, just putting it out there in case you like money.

5 Likes

Just be a Mechagnome.

4 Likes

I am a mechagnome, but I can’t be a mechagnome on my other alts.

1 Like

Yes. More Steampunk fashion. I need mor goggles!

4 Likes

Right? I mean if they won’t give us Tinkers at least let us look like did.

3 Likes

It’s called Steampunk, in case you want to describe tinkery, engineeringy, mechanicy things in the future.

And it should ding when there’s stuff.

1 Like

Eh, ‘steampunk’ tends to refer to a specifically Victorian era appearance and theme.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be upset with some Victorian era inspired transmogs either.

3 Likes

Just be a Worgen.

j/k Attimis

2 Likes

There’s the new recruit-a-friend rewards:

Not exactly on the shop, but definitely possible to acquire for dollars.

Yeah, I would describe WoW’s Tinker vibes as more like greasepunk.

Look to Mad Max for inspiration.

2 Likes

The vendetta between gnome and goblin engineering is alive and well! I cannot have both set of recipe on one toon… Well need TWO sets tyvm.

How about one those repair stations from fallout. Let us add things to weapons. Custom gear

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

If we get the Tinker class (Last Titan would be my best bet for when it would fit thematically, given our trip back to Ulduar and whatnot), I will use my many years as a concept artist to posthumously design Tinker-inspired tier sets from Vanilla-present like as if they’d been in the game the entire time. Then I’d upload it all to Art Station, share it here, and give an open blessing for Blizz to add it to the game.

That Wastewander Tracker’s set that was recently in the January trading post just got the creative juices flowing for me. I feel like if Tinker were already a class, that set would’ve absolutely been a perfect Tier set for them. Same with the recruit-a-friend rewards currently. Steam, grease, electricity, valves, gears, pipes, goggles, and random nuts and bolts everywhere. Fuels my soul. One aesthetic I’ll never tire of.

Might just whip out my iPad Pro right now and pre-emptively get started!

1 Like

Assimilate them all. Tell them it’ll be fun.

Funny how many people who aren’t “fans of the cash shop” keep suggesting they sell things in the cash shop that should be earnable in-game instead.

1 Like

Do itttt

That one guy that did separate racial heritage armor for every class on Artstation has been talked about for years now, and probably will be forevermore.

2 Likes

I know the guy you’re talking about! Absolutely love their artwork.

I also very much appreciate how they snuck in some ideas for Tinker sets too ahahah

1 Like

Handclaw. What a legend.
https://www.artstation.com/handclaw/albums/1137119

1 Like

something like this:

https://imgur.com/WmbixkR

1 Like